Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gardengranma

Spring Swap

gardengranma
13 years ago

Who wants to make plans? My place is available as always, with a smile.

Comments (31)

• kimka
    13 years ago

Boy, a couple of warm days, and we all start thinking SPRING. I was just telling myself, don't jump the season and bring up the spring MAG swap yet.

But since our gracious and wonderful hostess mentioned it....

I'll start the ball rolling for a date. How about Saturday May 14? That takes us out of Mother's Day weekend.

What say you all?

I say chocolate for everyone.

KimKa

• leslies
    13 years ago

Or April 30? Or is it heresy to propose a non-May date? ;-)

• gardengranma
    Original Author
    13 years ago

The weather is better in May - also consider spring breaks.

• nancymd2
    13 years ago

Here's a vote for May 14th! Annuals and vegetables can be safely planted now rather than April.

• annebert
    13 years ago

May 14 sounds great. Mother's Day weekend is already chock full for me, and I was worried that people would want that weekend.

• alfie_md6
    13 years ago

May 14 is good.

• ellicottcitycathy
    13 years ago

My oldest will graduate from college on May 14. It breaks my heart to miss: I had such a great time meeting everyone last year.

But sounds like it's a good day for most: Have a ball and thanks to GardenGrandma for the fabulous venue!

• cecilia_md7a
    13 years ago

May 14th is the weekend of my anniversary - however, Dave always gets sick when we plan on going away, so I might be able to make it after all.

• cece_virginia
    13 years ago

I am new to the forum but I would love to participate in a swap. I live in Arlington, VA. I don't have many things I can swap myself because I moved at the very end of July and am starting from scratch. But I would love to buy from neighbor gardeners if that is possible! All bests, Cece

• madsquopper
    13 years ago

May 14 is perfect; we vote for that. I believe it's the day of the big Green Spring sale, but any serious person is going to show up at that a little before 8:30 so would have time to get stuff and then get there a bit on the late side for the swap.

Larry

• gardengranma
    Original Author
    13 years ago

So who will set up the exchange "have" and "want" sequences? Those who know me, know I do a lot, but those things are not my strength. I gather we are having it again at gardengranma's?

• alfie_md6
    13 years ago

Yes, we are having it again at Gardengranma's, please, thank you!

I will set up the haves, wants, and food threads, unless somebody else really wants to do it.:-)

• cfmuehling
    13 years ago

I'm going to try.
    I'd love to see everyone.
    I've quit my job, so my Saturdays and Sundays might become available again, which would let me have a life!

So...
    I might not have anything, given the neglect and disrepair (read: Survival of the Heartiest!) my gardens are in, but I know the rules...

No plants? Bring FOOD preferably

Chocolate!

• busyasabee
    13 years ago

wahoo!!! May 14th works for me!!! I'll be there.
    haven't taken full inventory of my garden yet, but I'm sure I've got lots to share. Since I've been home recuperating, DH was so good this weekend and cleaned/trimmed the back garden. He even decided to prune our apple tree, LOL (came out a little lopsided) !!!!!
    I plan on fixing it when he's not around.

See you all (rain or shine) on May 14th @ gardengranma's

Jette

• chrismd
    13 years ago

Works for me. I will be bringing lots and lots of seedlings: sunflowers, marigolds, etc, etc....

• oscarthecat
    13 years ago

Sorry all' the spring swap is a very enjoyable part of my gardening life. But this year I will in the west. Hope you have a great season. Steve in Baltimore County.

• sujiwan_gw 6b MD/PA
    13 years ago

Yay! Looking forward to May. Looks like I'll need to start those tomatoes...Or are we all worried about marmorated stinkbugs this year???

• ReddKatt
    13 years ago

I ALWAYS miss the swap, because I don't see the posting about it until afterwards. This time I saw it before! I haven't been active on the site the last two years, but actively did see swapping, posting and general chatting prior to that. Problems with my back, then pregnancy and a new born all kept me from being able to garden. This year, seeds-a-plenty are started, gardens are getting their TLC and I am ready to plant,grow and SWAP! I am located in Harford County. :) How can I get in on the swap and meet up?
    Katt

• antiqueorchid
    13 years ago

reddkatt, I sent you an email.

Denise

• curlymom
    13 years ago

Don't have many plants, but can bring chocolate of course! and some homemade hand/body balm/salve, great for gardeners. Where can we find location info?

• busyasabee
    13 years ago

The location for our Spring MagSwap is at Gardengranma's compound in Spencerville. How do you find it?
    you will need to switch to the Exchanges section for this MAG forum.
    First go to main page for Mid-Atlantic Gardening
    scroll down 1/4 of page and you will see:

On Topic Discussions: Switch to: Exchanges : Conversations

Click on the link for Exchanges, it will open a new page with light blue background
    Look for postings that say: mag spring swap
    You should find 3 separate threads for our 2011 MagSwap with headings of spring mag swap: plants you have, plants you want, food/potluck
    Post to the appropriate section.....remember if you don't have plants, you are still welcome to come and join us.....you can bring food for our potluck lunch which usually starts at 12noon after we have swapped/traded plants. It takes a lot of energy to do the swapping!!!!

Enjoy!

Jette

• gardnwatch
    13 years ago

I'll be coming this year. Will post my haves and needs and food contribution soon. Looking forward to seeing everyone.
    Bonnie

• annebert
    13 years ago

No swap for me! My niece has inconveniently scheduled her graduation that day. Since she has been a couple of hour's drive away for 4 years and I've never visited, I feel obliged...

• alfie_md6
    13 years ago

The spring swap is coming up in three weeks!

• spanaval
    13 years ago

Have fun, y'all. I've missed everyone, and Henrietta's lovely gardens. Once the rugrat is a little older, and my "garden" isn't looking like a jungle, I hope to return.

• alfie_md6
    12 years ago

Less than two weeks to the swap!

• busyasabee
    12 years ago

countdown to May 14th!
    Yipee! can't wait....don't forget to post your haves/wants at the Exchanges page for this forum.

As for food, I don't see many people posting for bringing food. Don't forget.... we get hungry after all the plants are traded!

• gardengranma
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I hope everyone is coming. See the exchange pages. We are ready.

• busyasabee
    12 years ago

MagSwap tomorrow!!!
    Since Henrietta & Larry are so gracious in hosting the plant swap at their beautiful property...let's all remember to bring food for the potluck lunch (burgers, hot dogs, salad, anything yummy!!) As well as cups, plates, forks, napkins and garbage bags.... Go to Exchange section and list what you will bring.

• kjshadow750
    12 years ago

I have searched all throughout this thread...what time does the swap start tomorrow?
    thanks,
    Kanisa

• alfie_md6
    12 years ago

At 10 o'clock in the morning.

Sponsored