Return to the Mid-Atlantic Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
magtag viii!

Posted by cecilia_md7a 7a/Baltimore,MD (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 6, 13 at 12:13

Hi, all - is everybody up for MAGTAG VIII? Which Saturday in August is best for all of you? Let me know and I'll reserve our usual pavillion.

One thing - even if you have the mealiest, yuckiest-looking tomatoes on earth on the day of the festival, please bring them. Two of our most-reliable attendees were unable to supply any tomatoes for the tasting last year, and we had a much more limited assortment for the tasting. It seems as if we have more attendees every year, but fewer folks bringing the fruits of their harvest. Please, please, bring tomatoes if you can!

I'm growing some of Trudi's winter-sown seeds this year, in an effort to grow something other than my usual varieties. Well, of course I'm growning Sungold and Black Cherry, but this year's list also includes Red & Black Boar, Moon Yellow, Chesapeake, Lucky Cross and Early Kus Ali, along with the ubiquitous Black Krim and Cherokee Purple.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: magtag viii!

No preference from me. But I hope to be there, having missed the last couple.

o

Hi, Anne - I haven't heard from anybody else yet. If I don't get much response, I may cancel this year ...

o

Cecilia,

I hope to be there too this year depending on what day it is.

Bonnie

o

Annebert ... Are you a member of T0mat0villedotcom? There are several MAGTAG attendees who post there. Also, I need to get in touch with Greg Flynn. He usually helps organize the festival, but both of us were disappointed in the fact that we had so few people bringing tomatoes last year. I wouldn't mind taking a year off, actually, as I've just started a new job.

o

If you have seen already Cecelia wants to cancel this year and I am with her on that. The interest in tomatoes has dwindled at the event and this is not really what we hoped. Perhaps next year????

Greg

bunpokeNOSPAM@verizon.net (just take out NOSPAM)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Mid-Atlantic Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here