Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
spanaval

MAG Swap Related Q

spanaval
16 years ago

This one isn't about plants. Since I am going to not do my usual 3000 plants this swap, I was wondering if anyone would mind if I bring Pan (my "small" Great Dane) along to the Spring swap. She has come with me to a swap or two before, so some of you have met her.

She is good with people of all ages and sizes, fine with other dogs, cats, rabbits and ferrets, and is good on-leash or off. Nosey parker for sure, but normally stays glued to my side.

Although she is small for a Dane, she is not a small dog (at 100+ pounds), so if anyone is scared of dogs or allergic to them or just plain don't think it's such a great idea, let me know. I promise to not take it the wrong way. You can reach me at spanaval at yahoo dot com.

Since the plan is for her to come only if there is enough room, there is a pretty good chance she won't make it anyway, but I'm feeling guilty about leaving her (and Khan) while we go away on vacation, and would like the option of bringing her with me, if everyone else is okay with it.

Suja

Comments (8)

• cynthia_gw
    16 years ago

Of course I've wanted to meet Pan for years now, so you know what my vote is! I'd say it's GardenGranma's call. In the past she's been open to having us bring our dogs, and 2 of my greyhounds have come in different years. So I think it's up to Gardengranma, but would say in general only dog friendly dogs (no barky posturing, or fear aggressive dogs), and visiting dogs should be leashed at all times to ensure control and no issues with other dogs who are leashed.

• spanaval
    Original Author
    16 years ago

In the past, Henrietta has said yes, and she has met Pan - she came along when we did the tidying up last year. IIRC, Pan was absolutely fascinated by the pond and the Koi. Goes without saying that I won't let her off-leash with so many people milling about, although she would live under my skin if she could, and the leash is sorta redundant.

Pan is 'Meh' about dogs; not aggressive, but not overtly friendly either. We go to the dog park 5 days a week, and she basically walks about, looking down her nose at them. I'm fairly convinced that she doesn't think of herself as a dog.

I wish I could bring Khan. He looooves other dogs, but is still wary enough around people that I wouldn't want to subject him to a whole bunch of strangers. He'll do fine, but being around a ton of people is not his favorite activity, so he gets to stay home. Besides, I don't think Henrietta would apprecite it if he marked on her Peonies.

Suja

• avoirgold
    16 years ago

I love Pan!! She is such a SWEETY!!! No problem here.

Jen

• dawnstorm
    16 years ago

I dunno Suja, Pan's awfully scary and vicious! ;) And I'm up for the Nobel Prize!
    Seriously I'd love to see her again!

• cfmuehling
    16 years ago

Don't worry, Dawn.
    I am going to bring my 60lb baby (1.5 years old) Bella. She'll keep Pan in line. She's an AmPit.
    Well,,,, at least she'll lick you to death!
    Christine

• kimka
    16 years ago

Oh know Christine is coming...does that mean I have to make the Bravarian apple tart?

• crabjoe
    16 years ago

When exactly is the Spring swap??? Did I miss it again??

Thanks!!

• collectordi
    16 years ago

The Spring Swap is on May 3rd. Look at the Exchanges page.

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville