Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tabassam

relocating to Charles County

tabassam
19 years ago

Hi everyone, we're moving again. We are going to Waldorf for 3 years. Any good nurseries? Thanks.

Comments (4)

• Lesathummercrossing
    19 years ago

Hi Tabbassam

There are a number of nursaries around the Waldorf area.
    Just north of Waldorf on rt 5 before it joins 301 is Eds Plant World. On rt 5 just a few miles south of Waldorf is Longworth Gardens and a little further south is Wentworth.
    Beside that if you get stuff when it first comes in Lowes and Home Depot in Waldorf can be good sources. Also check out the thread (about 32 messages back) on nursaries in DC which contains info on nursaries in the 301/Annapolis area.

Welcome
    Les from Clinton
    And by the way don't miss the grower (I can't remember their name)who sets up a stand (in late April) in the parking lot between the Longhorn and Golds Gym.

• nycefarm_gw
    19 years ago

Les - I think you meant Longwood Gardens.
    There are a couple of Wentworth's. Also, Meadow Farms in Leonardtown farther down route 5 (not 235). I bought a couple trees at Jasmin Nursery, south of La Plata on 301, and they are doing fine. They look a little sparse on choices right now.
    Good luck and I hope you like Charles County, you might even look into landscape classes at the College.
    Val

• vladpup
    19 years ago

G'Day!
    -Charlse County? Waldorf? Not so far from us here in Aquasco. We're in the very SE tip of PG County, a couple miles west from the Patuxent River and a couple miles from the Charles County line - whether south or east.

- When you're settled in, let me know; sure we have some plants you can use. (Strawberries!)

- Happy gardening,
    -vlad

• lynnt
    19 years ago

There are some good once-a-year sales coming up not far from you, in April and May. All of these are the kind that you'd better get there early as the good stuff gets snapped up in the first 10 minutes.

- Londontown Gardens near Annapolis has a sale Saturday April 30th. Check the time; I think it starts at 9. Lots of good shade plants, many offsets or seedlings from their own lovely gardens.

- William Paca House in Annapolis has their sale 7 May at 10 (get there around 9:30 at the latest) -- heirloom plants for cheap, plus free admission to this historical garden for the day.

There are also a string of nice nurseries on Central Ave between Rt 301 and Annapolis -- Homestead Gardens, Meadows Farms (cheap trees and shrubs sold by marginally competent staff -- better know what you want!), and several others if you turn North from there on Rt 2, including one JUST PAST the turn that sells lovely temperennials and tropicals. Christine can give more details; we got lovely heuchereas for about $4 each from a place on the left a few miles up Rt 2. And you can have lunch at the Amish Market, too.

Lynn

Sponsored
Yellowlite
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars7 Reviews
Chicago's Leading Clean Energy & Solar Panel Provider