Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
vladpup

rosemary concern + whose got herbs?

vladpup
19 years ago

G'Day!

- Um, should rosemary be turning brown now? i didn't think so. Sigh. i had a full dozen little rosemary, all looking just fine until a couple-three weeks ago and now the needles are all browning. Did they stay green through the winter just to tease me?

- Someday i will find a rosemary that loves me back. Meanwhile, i'll just keep trying different locations.

- On the other hand, i think my thyme is perking up nicely! But i still need GOBS more, and different varieties.

- Purple basil looks to be pulling through OK, but green and varigated both failed. Silver is looking iffy.

- Mints, are, of course, proving themselves as vigerous as ever; Mint Julep, Pineapple, and Chocolate, plus upright Apple. (i know here are other varieties out there which i "need.")

- Oregano is coming up - but i really need a more flavorful strain; mine is from seed, planted before i knew that for good flavor, one needs oregano vegitatively propogated from a tasty mother plant. (So, who has good oregano?)

- Monarda. It's an herb! It's a flwoer! It's flower and and herb!

It's also tough enough to compete with mint; they play well together.

Valarian is coming up! Maybe not used a whole lot, but it sure is cute!

- English chives are up, as are Egyptian onions.

- Single-blooming liquorice-scented periwinkle irises, which i was sure had failed, are coming up! (These count as an herb becase they are in an herb bed; actually, they're a "place-holder" until i can find authentic Florintine orris-root iris - then these go to the front bed!)

- What herbs have you got coming up?

- Reminder: if you want to come on down to Aquasco for a "shovel tour," just ask. One doesn't have to wait for the swap to trade plants!

- Happy gardening,

-vlad

Comments (4)