o
salpiglos

Posted by oscarthecat z7MD (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 8, 05 at 8:20

can any one give me tips on growing salpiglos here in z7md. friend steve

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: salpiglos

I think you mean salpigloss? You might want to check the Annuals Forum for the info you want.

o

Easier to pronounce than spell! Salpiglossis ;-) I grew this one in NH as it likes cool, but have not tried it down here. Too humid and hot I think. It will grow for you, and is easy from seed - stained glass flowers - but I don't think it will be at it's best for you unless we have a cool dry summer.

o

They are easy from seed (I've read they need dark to germinate). I have to admit though that I would rather buy the plants. My favorite strain is 'Kew Blue'. This year I'll be trying them in a sunnier spot to see how they do. I've grown them in a bed that gets only a couple of hours of full sun (and a few hours of indirect sun). They never reseed for me, but they do well even without attention, although a few got a bit leggy.

I bought some in a mix of colors from Graceful Gardens a few years back that I enjoyed.

Good luck with yours!

o

I stand corrected, salpigloss it is. Thanks for the info Steve

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Mid-Atlantic Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here