Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kurtg_gw

place to buy rock in DC metro Area

kurtg
19 years ago

Is there any place to buy rock (i.e. stacking ,flagstone, etc.) where you don't have to buy a whole pallet?

Comments (10)

• sandykk
    19 years ago

Glyndon Gardens
    Rt 30
    Reisterstown, MD 21136 Phone: (410) 833-2791

They have a wonderful selection of rock and have pallets open where you can buy it by the pound.

• kurtg
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Thanks, my wife likes to go to Russian stores up that way so will give them a look next time.

• collectordi
    19 years ago

Jack Irwin Stone on Gude Dr. in Rockville. You weigh your car on the way in pick out your stone and then weigh your car loaded.

• madsquopper
    19 years ago

Sisler's in Falls Church is also good. You weigh in and out and they have open pallets of most of their stuff so you can pick and choose smaller amounts. We've gotten everything from blocks of NY granite (ugh, at about 75 pounds each) to loose fieldstone.

Larry

• azaleaphile
    18 years ago

Tri State in Carderock MD is a real quarry and has lots of other stones from elsewhere. You weigh your car before and after to determine the weight. Price on local stone is very good. They usually have huge trucks coming in and out so it might be a good idea to call them first to find out when is the best time for us little folks to come.

Here is a link that might be useful: Tri State Stone

• susanargus
    18 years ago

Also Luck Stone, which has some very nice rock that is sold by weigh-in and weigh-out.

Here is a link that might be useful: Luck Stone Locations

• kurtg
    Original Author
    18 years ago

How much weight are we talking about folks buying at one time?

I looked the web sites and am envisioning large trucks (not a small pick-up or a van). I might be lucky to load what would be a half a pallet at most places, but anxious to try now that it looks like there might be more choices than I had expected.

• cilla_in_MD
    18 years ago

I'm with the gardener above, Sislers in Falls Church is the best! better than the one on River Road, Better than Jack Irwins.. if you are just picking up stone in your car, but too far to have it delivered to MD suburbs.

Here is a link that might be useful: Sislers Stone

• gardengranma
    18 years ago

I'd second the place on Gude drive. Really decent prices too.

• Brent_In_NoVA
    18 years ago

Thanks for answering my question...wait I did not start this thread.

The picture of NY Flagstone at the Sisler website looks exactly like what I want to build some walkways. I have looked at flagstone at Meadows Farms and it looks decent and much cheaper than I expected (especially since the big boxes like to sell individual stepping stones for $6).

- Brent

Sponsored