Return to the Mid-Atlantic Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Is anyone bringing tomatoes to the swap?

Posted by tomatoes4ever (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 20, 07 at 13:44

As you can see from my name, I love tomatoes and that's all I care about. I don't have any official swaps set up with anyone, but quite a few people have asked me to bring extra tomato plants for them. I'm happy to do so.

However, if no one else is bringing tomatoes(so I can get a few I don't have) then it won't be worth it for me to travel all the way to the swap(it's very far from me).

Thanks Guys!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Is anyone bringing tomatoes to the swap?

Yes, I will be bringing some Celebreties. Sorry frost got the Romas. Steve in Baltimore County

o

Hi Steve

I'm sorry about your Roma tomatoes. But good news, I'm growing some Roma VFN. If I end up coming to the swap, do you want to trade me a Celebrity for a Roma?

o

I have planted about 35 different heirlooms> Only plan on one of each in the garden so there will be surplus of most.
I have promised some already.
are you looking for anything in particular?

o

I'm deifnately looking for Cherokee Purple. My cat killed mine. Also, good paste tomatoes like Opalka and Heidi. Other than that, I'm looking for anything Red, Pink, or Purple that has good flavor and is a good producer.

Thanks!

o

I have Nor de crimee,Prudens Purple and Black Prince in the black/purple range. Oh,and black sea man.
This is my first time in almost 20 years to grow tomatoes so I have no clue what will produce well. This is totally an experiment to see what does well here on the hot muggy shore.

o

Tomatoes4ever, be glad to swap Celebrity for Roma. Beth B. I am still hauling your Squeezo around in my van. Steve in Baltimore County.

o

I will probably have a couple of extra cherry tomato seedlings.

o

I'll be bringing some tomato seedlings. Unfortunately I don't know the varieties because my toddler pulled the tags from most of them. They're probably a mix of Marianne's Peace, Black Cherry and a few others that I can't remember offhand.
Karyn

o

Yeah Steve!!! I hope to have enough tomatoes this year to put that squeezo to very good use.
Beth

o

Is this swap the MAGTAG in August?

o

No, this one has past, it was the Spring Swap in May :)

o

ok, thanks christy2828

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Mid-Atlantic Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here