Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
avoirgold

Sykesville Schoolhouse Museum for Boy Scout Eagle Scout Project

avoirgold
16 years ago

I saw a post from a co-worker about his son working on this effort for his Eagle Scout Project. The boy's name is Stephen Packard and here is what his father just sent as an update:

"Stephen is finalizing his preparations for the garden - he has learned a lot. He had to submit drawings to the town historical commission. They were approved. Hopefully construction will be completed within the next 4 - 6 weeks. A stone yard donated all the rock he needs (he has to line up a truck and labor to load-unload it)

He has been pretty successful in his fundraising. A nursery promised to contribute American Boxwoods for the garden. I think he is going to use money he raised for some Miss Kim Lilacs (he wants them to be uniform in size).

He asked me to inquire if you could locate donations of historically correct perennials? He has to have the plantings approved, they must be something that would be in a garden from 100 years ago."

Is there anyone who is able and or willing to donate to this project? I can serve as the central point-of-contact for gathering plants and such. The caveat is that all the plants have to be historically correct. Any suggestions or lists we can go by? Obviously for MD Black-Eyed Susan, but what else. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Jen

Here is a link that might be useful: Link to Project Web-Site

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths