Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
aepete_gw

heirloom tomatoes in Baltimore

aepete
18 years ago

Last year one of the posters here mentioned that she was selling heirloom tomato seedlings at the flea market on York Road in Lutherville. (Sunday mornings?) I remember that she said she had an amazing number of varieties. Does anyone know if she's going to be there this year?

Thanks!

Comments (8)

• Laurel7286
    18 years ago

Don't know, but there will be plenty at the swap, including mine. Check out the swap page on Exchanges.

If you can't make it, email me & we'll see what we can work out!

Laurel

• MichelleMM
    18 years ago

I don't know if she'll be there. Her name is Connie--email me if you'd like her phone number. I'll also be bringing a bunch to the swap.

• cecilia_md7a
    18 years ago

I hope to have some for the swap, too - although my germination rate has been lower than usual this year.

• rad_win
    18 years ago

I don't know If I will be able to make it to the swap, my wife"s birthday is that weekend, though she likes the garden and the vegies it may seem to much like "my birthday" to go.

I tried starting seeds for the first time this year, with mixed success so far. Does anyone in the Baltimore area have any Black Cherry or Sungold tomato seedlings they would trade for Manyel, Nepal, or Super Souix.
    Thanks Rob

• reginak
    18 years ago

Rob, I'm not in Baltimore (I'm in Riverdale Park, PG County), but I do have Black Cherry and Sungold seedlings, and I'd be willing to trade for any of those three. I will be taking a couple weeks of vacation starting Tuesday 5/6 (to break ground for my new garden). Maybe I could take a little drive over B-more way and we could make the trade. If you're particularly interested in small-fruited varieties, I've also got 1 or 2 each extra Green Grape, Isis Candy, and Sara's Galapagos (currant-type).

• reginak
    18 years ago

I should say - e-mail me if you do want to swap. I have a huge crunch project to do over the next week and am going to really try to resist the GardenWeb distraction..... so I won't see if you post here.

Regina

• aepete
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Thanks for all of the replies... it sounds like there will be an abundance of heirlooms at the swap! You're all so generous! I'm not going to be able make it to the swap, but it sounds like Michelle is going to let me pilfer a few of her extras.
    -Amy

• sam_md
    18 years ago

I was at Grier Nursery this morning, they had a section for heirloom tomatoes. They were in 4" pots and sold for $1.67.
    I bought Brandywine Yellow, Brandywine Purple, Abraham Lincoln, Sugar Lump and Giant Belgium. They had several others. Inside g/h they also had larger sizes in one gallon pots full of blooms. They are in Harford County 40 miles north of Baltimore. (410) 893-2319
    Sam

Sponsored
HEMAX Construction Services & Landscaping, LLC
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars34 Reviews
Innovative & Creative Landscape Contractors Servicing VA