Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
spanaval

Look What I Found!

spanaval
16 years ago

Every few weeks, generally on a Thursday or Friday, I swing by Merrifield (in Fairfax) to check on their sale plants. Usually, it's not much, but occasionally, I see something I like, for a throw away price.

Walking along the shrubs, usually chock full of Nandinas with the occasional Rhododendron thrown in for good measure, I stopped at something that looked interesting. Ooh, Viburnum! A dwarf Viburnum trilobum, a little damaged, probably by the late freeze, but mostly green. Don't like to buy just one plant, but then the next plant stopped me in my tracks, and I ran off to find a cart for myself. When all was said and done, I picked up the Viburnum trilobum, 2 Corylopsis pauciflora, Deutzia 'Nikko', Physocarpus 'Summer Wine', Enkianthus 'Red Bells' and a Kniphofia (all in 5-7 gallon pots) for about 50 bucks. I was walking around like the cat that ate the canary for the rest of the evening.

They still had the Viburnum (all the other ones are marked at 20 bucks each), Deutzia, Physocarpus and Enkianthus when I left.

Comments (4)

Sponsored