Return to the Mid-Atlantic Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Morning Glories Lovers

Posted by gerris2 Zone 7a Delaware (My Page) on
Thu, May 23, 13 at 6:40

I got my morning glories in part planted, half way to go. Are any of you growing these vines?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Morning Glories Lovers

No. But now I have morning glory envy. So pretty. Did you grow from seed?

o

• Posted by gerris2 Zone 7a Delaware (My Page) on
    Sat, Jun 8, 13 at 14:17

Yes, these morning glories are mainly not available as transplants, so we have to grow them out from seeds. They are fairly easy to do so once you grow a couple plants from seeds.

Look at this flower, it appeared on one of my transplants in the past couple of weeks. Isn't it drop-dead gorgeous?

o

Sun, Jun 9, 13 at 19:02

I installed a yellow leaf morning glory (Ipomoea nil) out in my front garden today. It will be growing on a circular trellis for passersby to admire. When in Japan in 2009, I saw many homeowners in Fukuoka and Fukui display their morning glory containers in neat orderly rows in front of their homes. Unfortunately, the letter carrier would not be able to get to our mailbox if I did the same as the Japanese.

o

Tue, Jun 11, 13 at 23:38

I'll be growing this one this summer. I grew it 4 years ago and need to see that blue again.

o

Sat, Jun 15, 13 at 16:37

I had a new one make some flowers today, Ipomoea nil 'Mountain Stream'. Isn't it fabulous? I couldn't stop taking photos of it this morning.

o

Wed, Jul 3, 13 at 10:42

It was raining today.

o

Wed, Jul 3, 13 at 10:44

The water droplets make the flowers look fresh.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Mid-Atlantic Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here