Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gardengranma

Today's spring swap in Burtonsville

gardengranma
10 years ago

The weather is supposed to be cloudy with Thunderstorms after 1- usually they are later than predicted. Remember we can always congregate inside - only the swapping takes place outside. So swap early.eating will be inside and in the porch. Some nice guy will grill outside-early.we are always so lucky- heaven smiles on gardeners.

Comments (10)

• shadysite
    10 years ago

Henny, Thanks so much for opening your home and gardens to all of us avid gardeners. I was so determined to make it to my favorite party of the spring, and you and my husband Jim, and my doctor by giving me permission to skip a pill in favor of a glass of Annebert's homebrew made it happen. Jim and I will have to hire some help to get our plants in the ground, but I am so grateful to you and everyone else for helping me enjoy this extraordinary day. I feel for sure I am on the mend after two major setbacks on my road to recovery for surgery. I still want tht pesky beautyberry that seems to avoid me every year, but perhaps Jim and I can drive out in the fall and surprise one in your garden, if you permit. In that case, I will name the plant, Leprechaun! Lisa PS: rain spoiled nothing; only made the leaves and flowers shine!

• gardnwatch
    10 years ago

Henrietta and Larry,
    I'm so happy the day went well and we were able to come once again to your beautiful home. it's such a pleasure and joy to see so much love put into one place.
    Thank you for allowing us to hold our spring swap at your home. I think we all get excited about good times, good food, and the chance to chat with good gardening friends.
    Thank you so much for your hospitality.
    To those people I had a chance to swap something with,...thank you. To those people I received plant gifts and freebies from, thank you also.
    I'm going to enjoy every eggplant, tomato, and pepper ...
    Happy summer to everyone.
    Bonnie ...... Gardnwatch

• sujiwan_gw 6b MD/PA
    10 years ago

You couldn't have asked for a better outcome for a day that *could* have been thunder,lightning and downpours. I was happy to drive back knowing I had re-homied my veggies. Just remember to harden off those peppers and eggplants in outdoor temperatures and gradual sun and temps above 65 at night!!
    Thank you GardenGramma aka Henrietta for hosting, sharing your garden and putting up with so many of us plant people--especially at the end of the swap day!

Sujiwan

• CEFreeman
    10 years ago

Suji, I'm sorry I missed you!
    I was so nice to get to catch up with familiar faces.

Henrietta, your and Larry's work has certainly continued to pay off in such gorgeous, lush gardens. Very peaceful, even with all theese people running about.

I hope to see you sooner than later. Once a year for a few minutes is just not enough with good friends.

Thank you for hosting this bash again!

• ryanzone7
    10 years ago

I want to apologize for being late (my fault )
    It was wonderful to see every one again.
    Thanks for the words of support and encouragement.
    And to see every one from years gone by just boosted my spirits.
    I really needed the love I received today.
    A little less lonely is how I feel tonight :-)
    It all leads back to compost
    Peace

• collectordi
    10 years ago

Thank you Henrietta and Larry for another fabulous swap. It really is the highlight of the spring season. You are so generous to allow us come to your home year after year. The weather turned out to be ok and since it had stopped raining after lunch I forgot my blue umbrella (left on the hot tub) and my blue rain hat (in the screened porch?). Would it be ok if I stopped by on Saturday 5/18 to pick them up?
    Diana

• alfie_md6
    10 years ago

Thank you, Gardengramma! Thank you! Thank you! The spring swap is one of the highlights of my gardening year.

• oogy4plants
    10 years ago

Thank you Henrietta and Larry!
    I am glad that the forsythia will have a new home on your gorgeous property. My weekend was very full, but I didn't want to miss such a wonderful event with gardening buddies. I even planted most of my plant gifts already. Sorry I missed Prof Dirt. I brought some strawberries for you, but had to leave early. I'll keep them and probably have more next year if you still want them.

• dawnstorm
    10 years ago

Great swap despite the weather! My friend Karen had a blast and finds it amazing that we arrange all this online.

As always, mere words cannot describe the incredibleness that is GardenGrandma's property.

• pippi21
    10 years ago

Henrietta, your ears must have been burning yesterday. I had a gardening friend over for lunch and she has a story behind so many of her plants which is so neat to hear about. She has shared her tall garden phlox with me 3 years ago, they are finally coming into their own beauty and maturity. Some need to be relocated in the Fall. The plant swap at your lovely home/gardens was my first plant swap. She would love your gardens! Maybe next May, I will make a point to bring her along. She is such a delightful person and loves flowers and her gardens are unique too.

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!