Return to the Mid-Atlantic Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Landreth Seeds Sidewalk Sale this weekend in Baltimore

Posted by Cecilia_MD7a 7a/Baltimore,MD (My Page) on
Wed, May 18, 05 at 7:58

D. Landreth Seed Company is having a plant sale this weekend in Baltimore. I posted the following text of their flyer (including the plants that will be offered) on the Heirlooms forum, but figured that it would be of interest to our Mid-Atlantic forum regulars, as well.

You are Invited To
The D. Landreth Seed Company's 1st Annual Heirloom & Vintage Plants Sidewalk Sale
Saturday-Sunday May 21-22, 2005
8:00AM - 7: 00 PM
650 N. North Point Road
At the corner of Quad Avenue and North Point Road
Baltimore, MD 21237

Plants for Sale at Sidewalk Sale
$1.75 per plant, 3 for $5.00, 5 for $7.50, 10 for $12.50

VEGETABLES
Artichoke: Imperial Star
Broccoli: Romanesco
Cauliflower: Broccoverde, Violeta Italia
Cucumber: Boothby's Blonde, Lemon, Mexican Sour Gherkin
Eggplant: Fairytale, Louisiana Long Green, Rosa Bianca, Thai Green Pea, Turkish Egg Orange
Melon: Boule D'Or, Eden's Gem, Noir Des Carmes, Queen Anne's Pocket, Minnesota Midget, Vert Grimnpant
Pepper: Candy Bar, Chervena Chujski, Mini Chocolate, Mini Red, Mini Yellow
Pumpkin: Cheyenne Bush, Dill's Atlantic Giant
Squash: Gold Rush, Lemon, Ponca Butternut
Tomato: Czech's Bush, Cream Sausage, Gold Nugget, Golden Roma, Green Sausage, Mortgage Lifter, Nebraska Wedding, Orange Banana, Red Grape, Russian Black, Russian Persimmon, Silvery Fir Tree, Striped Roman, White Wonder
Watermelons: Moon & Stars, Golden Midget, Orange Glo
HERBS
Basil: Lime, Dark Purple Opal, Dwarf Greek
Catmint
Oregano: Greek
Parsley: Italian Giant
Rosemary
FLOWERS
Chrysanthemum: Court Jester, Painted Daisy
Four O'Clock: Broken Colors
Marigold: Jolly Jester
Rudbeckia: Cherokee Sunset, Maya
Sunflower: Red Sun, Teddy Bear
Sweet Pea: Annie Gilroy, Blanche Ferry, Flora Norton, King Edward VII, Leamington
Zinnia: Canary Bird, Oriole, Polar Bear, Royal Purple, Will Rogers

I'm gonna try to make it. Hope to see some of you there!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Landreth Seeds Sidewalk Sale this weekend in Baltimore

Thanks Cecelia, for posting this here. I don't know where North Point Rd. is, but I'll find it. I live in the Greenspring Ave./Sinai Hospital area. Which part of town is the store located?

Did you happen to go to Cylburn Arbortoreum on Mother's Day weekend? They had a plant sale....which I missed b/c I was out of town!

Anyhoo, I am planning on going to the C & S Show and Sale in Wheaton, MD this weekend. I think I'll just swing by this local sale first and then head out to Wheaton(whereever that is!!!!!!!!!!!!) I'll do a MapQuest before leaving the house.

Say, do you shop at ValleyView Farms in Cockeysville? Love that place! Watson's is good too.

Okay, Bye and thanks again!

GH

o

oh that looks great--I'll be there!

o

What's the C & S sale? Link?

o

Kim,

Try this:

Here is a link that might be useful: Cacti and Succlent Show and Sale

o

GH, Landreth is on the east side of B'more - probably a hike for you! I've never been there before, either, but I live on the SW side of town, so it looks like a quick trip thru the old Harbor Tunnel should get me there easily.

I missed the Cylburn sale - Mother's Day weekend was really busy for me.

I'm quite familiar with Valley View, as I work in Hunt Valley, on McCormick Rd, just around the corner from VV. I've bought a lot of stuff from them over the years - mostly supplies, as I grow a lot of stuff from seed, and get more stuff from the GW swaps!

I've been to Watsons once or twice, but admittedly, I don't hang out in the Towson/Lutherville/etc. area, as I try to get out of there as early as possible to beat the Beltway traffic.

On my side of town, we have Garland's Gardens in Catonsville, plus there are several larger nurseries in Columbia. But if I REALLY want a nursery fix, I head down I-95 to Behnke's in Beltsville.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Mid-Atlantic Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here