Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
baxter_md

How are your peas doing?

baxter_md
15 years ago

I live in lower Montgomery County and my peas are coming along slowly. Lots of leaves, good vine, no flowers yet.

I was hoping to harvest last week (planted on St. Pat's day).

Comments (4)

• annebert
    15 years ago

Me too. (Frederick county). It seems that it has been overall cooler and especially cooler at night this spring than usual.

• sergeantcuff
    15 years ago

The worst year ever for peas. 25% didn't even germinate. Other veggies not doing so well this year either.

Lettuce growing sluggishly - slowly with slugs.

• baxter_md
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Well - I guess I amy just end up using the leaves in salad this year. My beets and carrots are also doing poorly. I'm gardening in a new location this year, but I think it is the weather -- all this cold rain.

• aka_peggy
    15 years ago

I started snow peas indoors in mid March. Planted most of them out around April 1 when they were 2" tall. Within a week something had nibbled them all to the ground.

Meantime, I had planted 3 together in a 6" pot which I intended to give to my 4 yo g'daughter to grow on the deck at her home. I told her she and I would have to re-negotiate that deal;) I planted them out in the garden around May 1 and they're doing great and even have small peas. Something did munch on the lower leaves but the plants were big enough to sustain the damage.

In the fall I'll plant extras. Live & learn.