Return to the Mid-Atlantic Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How are your peas doing?

Posted by baxter_md 7a (My Page) on
Mon, May 19, 08 at 8:24

I live in lower Montgomery County and my peas are coming along slowly. Lots of leaves, good vine, no flowers yet.

I was hoping to harvest last week (planted on St. Pat's day).

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How are your peas doing?

Me too. (Frederick county). It seems that it has been overall cooler and especially cooler at night this spring than usual.

o

The worst year ever for peas. 25% didn't even germinate. Other veggies not doing so well this year either.

Lettuce growing sluggishly - slowly with slugs.

o

Well - I guess I amy just end up using the leaves in salad this year. My beets and carrots are also doing poorly. I'm gardening in a new location this year, but I think it is the weather -- all this cold rain.

o

I started snow peas indoors in mid March. Planted most of them out around April 1 when they were 2" tall. Within a week something had nibbled them all to the ground.

Meantime, I had planted 3 together in a 6" pot which I intended to give to my 4 yo g'daughter to grow on the deck at her home. I told her she and I would have to re-negotiate that deal;) I planted them out in the garden around May 1 and they're doing great and even have small peas. Something did munch on the lower leaves but the plants were big enough to sustain the damage.

In the fall I'll plant extras. Live & learn.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Mid-Atlantic Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here