Return to the Mid-Atlantic Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Offer: Shovel party

Posted by CEFreeman DC/MD Burbs 7B (My Page) on
Sun, May 11, 14 at 8:36

Hi all!
Every so often I get a bug in my ear to change things around. Gardens have the habit of overflowing and needing to be shared!

I think we'd have to arrange a dig. I work at night, so to anyone's convenience, any day from morning until about 3:00 when I must leave for work. I am off Thursdays and Fridays. I live on the south side of Bowie, or out 214, depending upon what's more familiar to you.

I have the following things to offer:
I have (Bonnie!) light blue iris
Huge, white/ivory hellebores. Can be dug up or divided.
Several exotic honeysuckles, 'Mandarin' 'Fiesta' and some others.
All kinds of stupid ornamental grasses of all sizes
Hosta to be divided, mostly named.
Ditch lilies and traditional Tiger lilies
Several different spiderwort, including 'Sweet Kate'
Monarda, 'Raspberry Wine & 'Jacob Kline'
'Autumn Joy' Sedem.
And so on.

All I look for in return is dirt. For example, Big Lots has 2cu of potting soil available for $8.00. Or, if your own soil isn't clay, bring me some laundry baskets of that! Then you can take plants home in your baskets.

Feel free to respond here, or email me directly if anything interests you. I hate to waste plants...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Offer: Shovel party

"Stupid ornamental grasses" had me spitting coffee. I'm a good ways away (Woodbridge, VA) but this sounds like fun. Let me see if I can rope in a friend for the ride and I will be in touch.

o

LOL!
I'm an easy day trip.
You could also come across the Woodrow Wilson and plan an outlet mall shopping visit, since you'll pass National Harbor!

If you're interested in grasses, bring a seriously sharp shovel (or a back hoe) because mine are dull. Grasses despise being moved, but turn around and behave like they're not going to admit they were disturbed by thriving Immediately.

I look forward to it.

o

I'd be interested. Could come down sometime next week or on the weekend.

o

Chris, Thursday or Friday morning-ish would be the best for me. I work at night and those are the days I have off. It's really up to you, though, as to when you feel like digging!

Why don't you email me directly?
Christine at Eveningsfall.com.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Mid-Atlantic Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here