Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kevbocometh

garden hose bursting pressure relief

kevbocometh
10 years ago

i live in washington d.c. and it gets pretty hot here in the summer. i also have extremely strong water pressure, which i enjoy very much. however, when it gets to be above 90 degrees or so i am always in danger of my garden hoses bursting. it can literally take less than an hour for a cheap hose to bubble and burst if the entire hose is in the sun the whole time. i am looking for a solution to this problem, hopefully in the form of some sort of pressure relief valve that would go in between the spicket and my hoses. it would have to be adjustable, so that my current water pressure could be accomodated. any ideas??? i would really appreciate people's inventiveness on this issue, because i am beginning to suspect that there is a product for this and it has been buried by some company that makes cheap hoses!!! lol. if u can just keep in mind that i am trying to save money here, so getting a whole house pressure reducer or more expensive hoses are not viable ideas, especially considering the fact that expensice, professional grade hoses last longer but break evetually anyway. thanks to everyone who read this in advance!!!!!!

Comments (4)