Return to the Mid-Atlantic Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Thank you ~ great MAG swap

Posted by busyasabee 7MD (My Page) on
Sun, May 15, 11 at 9:32

Thank you Henrietta & Larry for hosting another fabulous MAG swap. It was great seeing everyone again...

Alfie ~ thanks for organizing. BTW ~ luv that rice/coconut/cilantro dish...what was that called & can I get the recipe?

Jette

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Thank you ~ great MAG swap

Yes, thanks to all! Beautiful setting, great food, fabulous plants....and so much new information from all you experts! Lisa

o

I agree with all of the above comments. I can't stop grinning (as I find spots for all my new plant friends).

o

The swap was great as usual. Too bad I could not stay long this year. Next time my daughter wants to come along to see gardengrandma's beautiful gardens firsthand. Thanks!

o

As always!

Great to see you and Larry, Henrietta. It's a shame we only do it once a year.

Thanks to all who remembered me. It's great to see familiar faces and hear plant talk.

Tomorrow everything goes into the ground! :)

o

We loved it too - great people and lots of help this year. If anyone forgot anything, send me an e-mail. Those who got promises for the fall or after digging a flower bed, go for it - as you see we have lots of most everything. I was thinking of perhaps starting a real garden club, rather than virtual, and meet once a month or every other month or whatever. Round Robin type. Any takers? We could see each other's garden, large or small (small is quite fine)eat desert or something, and learn from each other.

o

Thank you Henrietta and Larry. The swap was fabulous as usual. I love your idea for a garden club.

o

Thanks again for another great MAG swap. Everything was very lovely. And the garden club idea sounds good too.

Denise

o

Henrietta ~ I like your idea of a garden club...count me in!

Jette

o

Cathy and I would be in for the garden club, also. People are always welcome to come by; just send me an email. We're in the right wingnut state so you'll have to cross the river, but not that far. Walking distance from Wolf Trap.

Larry

o

I also like the idea of a monthly garden club. Since I had to miss the spring swap and attendence at the fall swap always seems lower, it will be nice to have other get-togethers.

o

I agree. A garden club is a novel idea. Let's keep this idea going.
Thanks Henrietta and Larry for a delightful aftwernoon in your gardens.

Bonnie

o

It was a wonderful swap and Henrietta has the most wonderous gardens.

I like the idea of a (not too serious) garden club. I'd love to host too.

Do we want to try and have a speaker or a topic for each meeting or justa get together for food and talk and a tour of someone's garden?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Mid-Atlantic Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here