Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_2426355

Where to buy clay soil in Montgomery County MD?

User
10 years ago

I am looking to purchase clay-rich/ clay-based soil. If anyone knows of vendors in Maryland, I would appreciate hearing of them.

I know clay soil is usually something we want to get rid of; but I want something to place around my foundation to repel water. Something that can be packed down well and compacted.

Thanks all!

Comments (3)

• jadie88
    10 years ago

Ha! I did think this was a joke at first.

I have no idea where you could buy some, but when I first moved here I would have PAID you to come take mine away!

By the way, my little girl is an Evelyn Anne! Great name. :)

• kevbocometh
    10 years ago

what u need to do is contact some pool companies. when they install an inground pool they charge to haul the earth and its a rip off because they can sell it on the open market a lot of the time. just make sure you have a rough estimate of how many yards u need so they know how many trucks to send. if they install ingound pools...they have dirt. good luck!!! if u dont need enough dirt so they will deliver it u can ask them where they dump it! i did exactly what u are doing on the side of my house and it worked like a charm, i dug a trench next to where i wanted the soil and used the soil from the trench to pack next to my house...instant irrigation ditch easily covered with mulch (the mulch doesnt last that long). also since u will be shortening the distance from the ground to your siding, make sure u treat for bugs.

• User
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you both! Pool companies, great idea!

Sponsored
High Point Cabinets
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
Columbus' Experienced Custom Cabinet Builder | 4x Best of Houzz Winner