Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
eileen123_gw

Anyone interested in some Spiderwort

eileen123
17 years ago

I am replacing the Spiderwort with some new plants in one planting bed we have. If anyone is interested in Spiderwort please let me know. I hate to waste it if someone would like to have some. Hubby will be digging it up soon and we will not be using it anywhere.

Comments (8)

• faerieannette
    17 years ago

I woudl love some!!!

• eileen123
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hello, What part of Maryland do you live? We could either arrange a place to meet or if you are nearby you could come take what ever you want. You can email me with more info.

• dawnstorm
    17 years ago

If you have any left, I'll take some. I live in Wheaton.

• eileen123
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I really meant it when I said I am a newbie to gardening and I think where I live it is like late spring so, I thought plants can still be transplanted. Please let me know if I am wrong, if so I can keep these in the ground till fall and then give them away. We do have plenty from it spreading and I have no idea how much anyone would want to take.
    My hubby is the person who would be digging it up, he has more experience in transplanting.

Dawn, if we can arrange some way to get you some of the Spiderwort I am sure there is plenty to go around.

• cfmuehling
    17 years ago

I'd also love some Spiderwort if I'm not too late. Love the stuff and have the room for invasives. Don't worry about transplanting something like this. All it needs to recover from transplant wilt is 1) dirt, 2) water.

I love some of the invasive stuff. I love that it's so easily moveable, too.
    I just got some burgundy-leaved, yellow-flowered Looseneck Goosestrife, and a variegated version to compliment the hugely, successfully invasive normal green-leaved, white blossomed stuff I got at a swap.

I also love the Obedient Plant that's slowly spreading. I bought a varietgated variety last fall, which is extremely slowly coming out this year. Of course, it never rains at my house, so that could be the issue.

Boy do I digress.
    I'd love some Spiderwort if it's still available.
    Thanks!
    Christine

• faerieannette
    17 years ago

Hey Christine. do you ever go up that way? we where trying to figure out a way to meet in between. If you are going to arrange to get some perhaps it would be easier for me to get it from you? Where the heck do you live anyway? Between Dc and Annapolis is pretty big.

-Annette

• eileen123
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hi all, I think this Spiderwort is big enough to split three ways and still have three nice plants. I just need to figure out how to arrange a meeting. If you have any ideas please let me know.

• faerieannette
    17 years ago

Thanks for offering the spiderwort! I think that I am going to decline because I donâÂÂt see myself going that way any time soon. And I can't justify driving an hour and a half each way to pick it up. I hope you find a lovign and deserving hoem for it. thanks again! and happy memorial day.

Annette