Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
busyasabee_gardenweb

Great Swap!

busyasabee
17 years ago

Wonderful Swap!

Henrietta thank you for hosting again. Your property is very lovely.

To those that traded plants with me, thank you, the plants are now all in the ground.

Apologies I had to leave early, but I have contractors at the house working on replacing all rotted wood on my door frame, and floor. I am now staring at wide hole in my living room floor!

Comments (20)

• oscarthecat
    17 years ago

I second that. Thanks for the lovely swap and your beautiful home, Next year I will post some wants (TB IRIS) and a list of what I have for trade. Sorry I couldn't stay for lunch, ZIt looked scrumptious. Steve in Baltimore

• dawnstorm
    17 years ago

A huge round of applause for our gracious hostess!

• sujiwan_gw 6b MD/PA
    17 years ago

Indeed! Thank you again to GardenGramma for offering her lovely grounds for the swap. It was so nice to once again meet up with Gardenwebbers, renew old acquaintances and meet new. I appreciate all the effort everyone put into their offerings to all and sundry and to those of you who were kind enough to bring specifics. I'm grateful and the farm thanks you all!!!

• treehouse
    17 years ago

Henrietta, you have out done yourself! Thank you for hosting and sharing the bounty of your gardens. The frantic pace to get to Burtonsville from Elkton is well worth the effort.

Now wait, Oscar, were you the cute guy with the "Bette Davis Eyes" daylily that I got for a chunk of Iris? I wanted to sit and chat with you! I am sorry I missed the opportunity. You had better make it to Longwood(please).

Jan

• beagler1776
    17 years ago

Thank you Gardengranma and ALL MAGers who were all so gracious and fun to talk with! The plants will all be treasured, but even without them the day of plant talk is well worth the trip...
    A very special thank you to ALLIE and Ree for their generous support in the form of both beautiful plants and patient TLC of my wild child Sarah (who passed out before we were even off the gorgeous grounds)!!!! We feel so lucky to have met you both at the fall swap and look forward to future swaps (& renewed friendships).
    Hope everyone has a wonderful summer (and we get more rain for all our new treasures)!
    :) Leslie

• spanaval
    17 years ago

I can barely walk at the moment, thanks to all the wonderful folks who helped me stuff the car full of wonderful goodies. It was really nice to see some old friends and make a few new ones. Henrietta, thank you for being such a gracious hostess.

Hope to see everyone again at either the fall swap or next year's Spring swap.

Suja

• avoirgold
    17 years ago

This was better than Christmas!!! This was my first swap, and I had the best time! Thanks so very much to everyone that shared plants with me. My horrible empty beds are now full. My husband and I can barely walk, but the beds are full, which is more important. :-)

Henrietta, your house and your garden are absolutely GORGEOUS. A special thank you for hosting and for digging the bleeding heart and hydrangea out for me.

Next time I hope to have some plants to share in return. Thanks again,

Jen

• cynthia_gw
    17 years ago

Just a perfect day! Henrietta and DH, you have the most lovely and wonderful property and are beyond gracious to host a bunch of strangers two years in a row. I really hope the clean up wasn't too much.

I came for manure (!!!!) and a hot dog, but ended up with a couple of great tomato plants, an Aloe, Kalimeris pinnatifida, salvia leucantha, and some special seeds. Thank you all :-) But the best part is really the garden talk. Oh, and the two blond brownies (who made those?) which I smuggled home to eat after I mowed the lawn. I couldn't believe how yummy they were. Thanks to who ever brought them!

• brenda444
    17 years ago

Yes, perfect! I couldn't have been more excited about the swap, and it more than lived up to my expectations! Henrietta, your generosity is unbelievable - thank you so much! And thanks to everyone for the plants, food, and fun. It felt more like a family picnic than a multi-state gathering!

I'm also grateful for the perfect weather yesterday. NOW it's okay to rain.

Thank you thank you thank you!

• donnap99
    17 years ago

This was my first swap, and it was far beyond what I expected! Everyone I spoke to was so friendly. Thanks to all who shared their plants with me. They are all planted!

I feel the need to say something here, to a few people who interacted with my dad - he has Alzheimer's, and I was suprised at his level of confusion yesterday.

Looking forward to participating next year, and being able to give as well as receive!

Donna in Baltimore

• cecilia_md7a
    17 years ago

It was just a perfect day for a swap. Like everybody else, I am so thankful to Henrietta for allowing us enjoy her hospitality and her beautiful gardens.

Henrietta, I sure hope you'll be able to use all the leftover dessert! What got into the group this time? Usually we've got the biggest sweet tooths in the country!

• lvmygrdn
    17 years ago

I too had a great time. Thank you Henrietta. You have a lovely home (love the duck print in the bathroom). Your raised gardens are lovely. The peonies were stunning. It was great chatting with fellow posters at the swap. I'm sorry I couldn't stay longer. Leslie it was so nice seeing you again. Sarah is adorable. Hope the ball made it home with you. I'm looking forward to the fall swap.

• kimka
    17 years ago

I'll add my heartfelt thank you's to Gardengranma for hosting the lot of us. And there were a lot of us--did anybody get an actual count? And how unusual--a spring swap with no police showing up.

Gardengranma you have such beautiful gardens. I'm in lust over your coral peony. I know I'm going to be haunting nurseries this week looking for one.

And I received such incredible plants. My formerly bare dirt woods edge is actually finally looking pretty good with all of the gorgeous ferns that people have so graciously swapped or given me.

One slightly sour note, I had several prearranged trades walk off, even though they clearly had names on the knife plant labels, which left several people without what I had promised them. I think some of our newbies may not have understood the concept and our informality clearly.

If those I disappointed will remind me for the fall swap, I will make good on the trades then.

And who ever ordered the weather, please keep that supplier's phone number on hand for future swaps.

• faerieannette
    17 years ago

I am so happy!!! Now I know I have some things that will survive my shady yard. Thank you every one! kimka for the wonderful monkshood! And Cecilia for Darlow's Enigma!! The whole reason I went to the swap. yippie!!! And, I am sorry I can't remember your name but you gave me a ton of coral bells. and pansies! Thank you! And the free hellebore seedlings from whoever you are!!! thank you Gardengranma for being a wonderful hostess . thank you everyone...

Annette

• oogy4plants
    17 years ago

The swap was fantastic! Thank you everyone especially those who I traded with and Gardengranma for hosting. I went straight home and redid my herb garden with all the herb goodies. All the plants will have good homes and when they multiply I'll have more to swap next year!

The dessert plate I took home with me was also much enjoyed!

All the best gardening and see you in the fall.

Susan

• leslies
    17 years ago

Many thanks, Henrietta, for hosting the swap. Your gardens are stunning!

Thanks also to the generous gardeners who just couldn't seem to let me walk away without putting a plant into my hands. I will have a job to do to learn about these new guys and I'm looking forward to it.

• tabassam
    17 years ago

Thank you Henrietta with your generousity and hospitality.
    Your gardens are beautiful! And thanks to Ruth and Dr. Dirt with helping me back out w/dh truck! And thanks all who gave me plants. I'm sure glad the rain waited.
    Tabby

• dawnstorm
    17 years ago

What better day to rain than today, a Monday, a working day? ;)

• rosewomann
    17 years ago

Another fabulous swap thanks to our gracious hosts for sharing their wonderful home and gardens with us. Henrietta, your DH had the challenge of helping all of us to park & it was a big challenge this time! He was so patient. We have grown in numbers!
    I love your new Coral peony(at least I don't remember it from last year).
    Thanks to all who trade with me & plied me with extra plants. I always go home with way more than I can plant & feel like I won the lottery.
    The conversation was wonderful. I love seeing the same people year after year & meeting the newbies. I feel like I'm part of a big gardening family(which is good cause my family's gardening was limited to planting tulips so I can benefit from some of your experience).
    Next time I will use a little less garlic in the hummus. Or I will bring the less variable Trader Joe's variety!

Rose

• Laurel7286
    17 years ago

Henrietta, it was fabulous again. Had a wonderful time and there were so many people!! Great to see you all again and especially the fantastic chat over lunch. Looking forward to the fall swap already.

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting