Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
crabjoe

Anyone locally wanna swap some strawberry plants?

crabjoe
16 years ago

I'm in Cecil Co, MD and was hoping someone near by might want to swap few strawberry plants.

I've got Ozark Beauties (Everbearing) and something I don't remember the name of, which is a June Bearer.

Anyone interested??

Comments (7)

• cfmuehling
    16 years ago

I had to laugh, because these are Vlad strawberries. He had 3 varieties, but that's the only one I can remember the name of.

Anyone else remember?

I'd love to, but as I said, I don't know the other names. They are planted in 2 different areas, and one is a large, "teacup" variety, he said. They haven't fruited yet, but are getting ready to.

Christine

• crabjoe
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Christine,

You wouldn't happen to have Vlad's Maxim berries would you? When I meet him a couple years ago, he had just gotten them from someone else and I was going to get some plants from him last year, but I got to busy with family issues.

Bottomline... If you've got Vlad's berries and one happens to be the Maxim's that he had on the left side of his home (Near the fence for the horses), I'll be down within the next few days... I've been wanting Maxim's but Starkbros stopped offereing them.

Thanks!

• cfmuehling
    16 years ago

I just don't know.
    There's a good chance, but I didn't keep the labels, because I was so mad at the strawberries for taking over everything. I moved them down to the roadside, where they've taken over everything there. Of course, I did have a snack this afternoon while weeding.

Would you know? If you would, you're welcome. He brought them to me, so I'm not sure where they were at his house.

Did you email Eric?

Christine

• crabjoe
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Christine,

Is your email (Christine at EveningsFall.com) working? I sent an email to you last night. It didn't bounce back but for some reason, in the back of my mind, I think your having problems.

• lynnt
    16 years ago

The Vlad strawberries I have are supposed to be Tribute. Ostensibly everbearing, but I got my heaviest crop in May/June. Berries have a long "neck", and are smallish but very tasty.

LynnT

• crabjoe
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Lynn,

How do the Tribute's taste? The Ozark Beauties I have are a little to tart for me, but everyone else seems to love them. Makes me wonder if my taste buds are changing or others are just nuts. :)

• cfmuehling
    16 years ago

I haven't seen it. What was the subject?
    Yes, it is working -- AFIK.

You could try CFMuehling at EveningsFall dot com.

C.

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville