Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
spanaval

GardenGrandma/Grandpa Appreciation Day

spanaval
16 years ago

It looks to me like everyone had a really wonderful time at Henrietta's on Saturday. In appreciation for our kind and generous hostess and host, we thought it would be a good idea to get together and help out with a few garden chores. Basically, we'll do for Henrietta what we wish we could have other people do for us - weeding, mulching, watering, clean-up, etc. Since I am pretty sure no one else is going to want it, I'll volunteer to wade into the poison ivy patch (not reactive yet), cut down all the multiflora, bag'em, and paint the stumps.

We'll pick a day/time before the weather gets too insanely hot, and people start taking vacations. Early June looks good to me - June 2nd or the 9th maybe? Please let me know whether you can attend, and what day is good for you. I am sure that even an hour or two of your time will help a great deal.

Of course, those of us that attend will probably get to do Round 2 of potluck lunch, and get to see how Henrietta's lovely gardens have changed in a mere month.

So, come one, come all. Let's help ensure that we get to enjoy Henrietta's lovely gardens for many more swaps to come.

Comments (17)

• beth_b_kodiak
    16 years ago

That sounds like a terrific idea. As soon as you settle on a date, I'll try to get off for the weekend
    Beth B

• collectordi
    16 years ago

Hey, what a great idea! I love the swaps and Henrietta and Larry's hospitality and gardens so count me in if we can do it June 9th. I'll be away June 2nd.

• karyn1
    16 years ago

I'd be happy to pitch in, just let me know when and what time and I'll try to work my schedule around it. I only live a few minutes away from Henrietta.
    Karyn

• jane_artist
    16 years ago

I would love to, but I can't.

• kimka
    16 years ago

I'm tied up Saturdays in June. Any other time, count me in. Its the least we can do.

Maybe we can schedule a "help Gardengrandma get ready" next time she offers to host a swap.

• cfmuehling
    16 years ago

Saturdays kind of stink, but I can always make a Sunday.
    If it needs to be Saturday, just give me a little time to arrange it.

Of course, I'm in. I'd love to and I will. [eyebrows raising]

Christine

• dgs9r
    16 years ago

Count Uma and me in if it's June 9!
    We can't do June 2.
    Deepti

• tabassam
    16 years ago

I can't do the Saturdays but would be able to do Sundays.
    Tabby

• treehouse
    16 years ago

Sounds good to me. Any Sunday is good for me. I will have to arrange things for Saturdays.

Jan

• spanaval
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Well, I picked Saturdays, thinking people would want to go to church and stuff on Sunday mornings. I'm certainly open to either day. The consensus seems to be around June 9th (Saturday); can I assume that just about everyone will be able to make it on June 10th (Sunday) instead?

If no one in the group is afraid of large dogs, I will bring Pan to keep us all company. She's very nosey and will try to figure out just what everyone is doing, but is otherwise well behaved, and just likes to hang out.

• annebert
    16 years ago

I can come on June 10. Sounds fun.

• cfmuehling
    16 years ago

June 10th would be far easier for me and I'd love to come.

Wanna start a food thread? [LOL]

C.

• dgs9r
    16 years ago

We would love to come, but can't do it Sunday until later in the afternoon because of a lunch engagement.

In case we can't make it -- I'll hope to help out another time!
    Deepti

• giverny
    16 years ago

Unfortuately I am out of town that weekend (and the Sunday before); if it ends up being another weekend I could make it.

I think it's a great idea, Suja, but I also just want to check to ensure this is ok with Henrietta? While we mean well and want to help her out, it does entail supervision on her part (and a lot of people "descending" on her garden again). Hopefully she's thrilled with the idea.

Mea

• gardengranma
    16 years ago

I wouls love it, but how about June 16 or 17, whatever is a Sat/Sun? Would work much better for us. I am just astonished and so tickled.

• cfmuehling
    16 years ago

Again, Sunday is better for me (June 17), but with notice, I can be there on Saturday.

Yeah! What fun.
    This does involve pot luck, right? I'm not doing nuttin' if it doesn't involve all the great cooking....

Christine

• dgs9r
    16 years ago

We can do Sunday, June 17.
    I second the pot luck!
    deepti