Return to the Mid-Atlantic Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Todays Swap

Posted by oscarthecat z7MD (My Page) on
Sat, May 5, 07 at 15:48

Oh, the best swap ever. The food was great, the plants healthy and the women cuter than ever, Steve in Baltimore County.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Todays Swap

I'll second that it was a great swap and once again, so nice to see the familiar faces. And!!! a round of applause for Henrietta (GG) for lending her wonderfully inspiring grounds to host the swap. Oh, and thanks to everyone who relieved me of the heavy burden of all my tomatoes!!

o

I agree, it does seem that the swaps get better and better. I couldn't make the fall swap and now I really regret it because of Vlad's passing. But I will remember him every time we have a swap! For me, each will be like a mini-memorial to him.

JanetM gave me some plants to trade, since she was meeting Pidge (anybody know her from GW?) in Wilmington for that city's annual garden tour. I've been on the tour before, and can honestly say that except for being smaller than some, Henrietta's garden is the equal of any of them!

Unfortunately, I broke the rule I set for myself to never take home more plants than I bring. Well, I can always rationalize that some of the trades were for JanetM.

And the food! Even though I'm on Weight Watchers now (24 lbs down; 20-something to go), I had so much delicious and healthy stuff to eat that I wasn't even tempted to have dessert! We really need to put together a MAG cookbook (maybe like those spiral-bound ones that church and school groups make).

I had a wonderful time, as expected. I really enjoy seeing my online friends in the flesh, and hope to see many of you not only at the fall swap, but at the 2nd Annual MAGTAG (Mid-Atlantic Gardener's Tomato Appreciation Gathering) in Baltimore the Saturday before Labor Day. (I will post more info on this as it gets closer.)

Once again, thank you so much, Henrietta, for the use of your lovely home. I've gone on way too long - I should sign off.

Happy Derby Day and Cinco de Mayo!

o

Steve, just a thanks again for the squeezer. I expect to be doing up lots of tomatoes this summer and it will get a work out.
Beth B

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Mid-Atlantic Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here