Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mandyvilla

suggestions please!

Mandyvilla
9 years ago

Situation: End unit town home, sidewalk ends at my door, but beyond my little yard (big magnolia and cedar on my property, maple on common area) there is a split rail fence that is meant to deter people from cutting through.....but guess what, it's not. It appears the only thing that deters them is when I am working in the yard.

The fence belongs to the HOA, but I can plant on my side w/out any issues, even climbers (the HOA would probably appreciate it). The area is very dense shade to speckled sunlight. Trud shade loving plants required. There's no way I am putting my Hosta over there, they'll get trampled quickly. (I'm dreaming pyracantha, but that would be a bit meaner than the message I want). I would say I have 2 sections of fence to plant, and then there are the 2 sections beyond the 2 where the cut-through is occuring. The two sections beyond is not my in my yard, but I'm betting a vine wouldn't be a problem, as long as it originated on my side.

Really, besides shade, the biggest issue is roots. Anyone have any suggestions for a deterent? I'll try to get a pic up later.....this is my first spring in the home and it's just as much about ripping out and moving as it is planting.

Comments (4)

Sponsored