Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
busyasabee_gardenweb

A BIG Thank you to Gardengranma & Gardengranpa

busyasabee
14 years ago

Henrietta & Larry thank you again for hosting our Spring MAG Swap. Your home and garden gets more beautiful each year!

It was great seeing familiar faces and new ones too!

I'm glad the weather was on our side today, and we had a beautiful sunny day.

Thank you everyone for sharing plants, food and great company.

Now, I'm off to my garden to plant my newly acquired goodies!

Jette

Comments (11)

• alfie_md6
    14 years ago

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Alfie and the small people

• annebert
    14 years ago

It was a wonderful day and a great swap. The gardens _are_ getting more beautiful.

However, everyone please check out Henrietta's post which somehow ended up in the "how to get rid of unwanted azaleas" thread. Jette did a great job of organizing us, but we probably need a specific food poobah next time to hound people more about making sure all our bases are covered.

• oogy4plants
    14 years ago

Thank you so much Henrietta and Larry!
    Your gardens and ponds are looking wonderful and your house is lovely as always. My husband is digging a small pond in our yard and we will be looking for plants/fish soon.

I greatly enjoyed the swap this year and also want to thank everyone I traded with. I got a lot of the plants planted yesterday and will plant the rest soon.

Best wishes for a good summer!
    Susan

• carladanna
    14 years ago

Thank you from 2 newbies to your group. My friend Becky and I really were amazed and pleased to make your acquaintance and we will be active participants in the group and in future trades.

Carla

Here is a link that might be useful: my blog

• Sweet Sakura
    14 years ago

Echoing all of the above, and adding an ESPECIALLY BIG THANK YOU to Gardengranpa, who rescued my car when it was stuck in the mud.

Can't wait for the next one!

~CA

• kimka
    14 years ago

Add my grateful thanks to Gardengranma and pa for being the best hosts (and having a house and garden I really envy).

And thanks also to all the great MAGers who gave me sweet woodruff. My ground cover is really starting to...er, ummm...cover ground. (and to all the other people I exchanged plants with or just got plants from).

It is still unbelievable how generous everyone is at these swaps.

Who ever put in the purchase order for the weather we had Saturrday, you did a really great job too.
    Kim

• antiqueorchid
    14 years ago

I had a GREAT time at the MAG swap. I just want to tell gardengramma and granpa what a BEAUTIFUL home and gardens they have. Thank you also for all the hard work it takes to have this swap. See you next year:)
    Denise

• cecilia_md7a
    14 years ago

Sorry that I couldn't make it to the swap, but I'm happy that the weather cooperated for all of you! And thanks for relieving me of all my magazines, seeds, plants, etc. Hope to see some of you at the MAGTAG tomato festival and/or the Fall swap.

• wishdesign
    14 years ago

I want to add my thanks to Gardengranma and Gardengranpa for so generously hosting this swap once again. Your gardens are an inspiration! I had a wonderful time as usual, and am grateful for all the wonderful swappers who shared pieces of their gardens with me. I got everything planted over the weekend and am thrilled with my new additions. Thank you all!
    --Jean

• winnie850
    14 years ago

This was my first swap. I did not know what to expect or how I would ever find the people with whom I arranged exchanges. It all worked beautifully! I am so impressed and envious of gardengramma and gardengrandpa's lovely landscaping. Your gardens are inspirational. I really appreciate your hospitality and kindness.
    Thank you!!!

• sujiwan_gw 6b MD/PA
    14 years ago

Indeed, thank you again for hosting!
    It was wonderful to see some familiar faces and some new ones too.
    I am grateful to everyone who was willing to adopt my tomatoes, peppers and eggplants and to all those MAG webbers who followed through on the prearranged swaps! I look forward to seeing the new additions growing in my gardens every year. Hurray!

Sponsored