Return to the Mid-Atlantic Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Spring and Butchart Gardens

Posted by avoirgold z7 MD (My Page) on
Mon, May 28, 07 at 20:05

I don't know if anyone would be interested, but here is a link to my pix from this Spring's garden and my visit to Butchart Gardens, Victoria, BC, Canada. I hope you enjoy. :-)

Jen

Here is a link that might be useful: Spring Bulbs

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Spring and Butchart Gardens

Thanks for sharing. I moved about a year ago and I have it on my list to plant more bulbs this fall. I sure miss my daffodils and alliums. That columbine is very pretty. I visited Butchart Gardens several years ago. It sure looks magical in the spring.

BTW, do you know what your plant labeled "Pretty (Got at Swap, don't know what it is, poppy?)" really is? Sure looks to be Pink Evening Primrose (Oenothera speciosa). A pretty plant but it sure spreads fast!

- Brent

o
RE: Spring and Butchart Gardens

Thanks Brent! That does seem to be the right name, and yes it does seem to spread quickly. From only one plant with one or two blooms, I now have 10 or so plants.

Can you believe that I got that columbine from Wal-mart last fall? I was VERY pleased this spring. :-)

Jen

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Mid-Atlantic Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here