Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hothabanerolady

Thanks to Mid-Atlantic Swap Organizers

HotHabaneroLady
9 years ago

Thank you to gardengranma and the other organizers of the swap today. It was great to meet some of my fellow gardenwebbers and to see the great variety of what people are growing!

Angie

Comments (7)

• sujiwan_gw 6b MD/PA
    9 years ago

I also wish to give my thanks to our hosts and am thankful to welcome 2 new additions to our swap (HotHab and Angela) and was glad to see some familiar faces.

My sister usually come with, but was unable to so I brought my son for the first time. He had a good time but wished he knew more when asked questions about the tomatoes/peppers/etc.!

I was glad that I had prearranged swaps, otherwise I would have left with nothing as my area was mobbed and I was unable to walk around much at all except to locate people who I had promised items to.

I am thankful when people put their GW names prominently on their cars (maybe include your picture with it!) to enable us to locate you and put name and face together.

If you got tomatoes/peppers/eggplant from me that it turns out you really like, note what variety is was (Written on the cup). Drop me a line via gardenweb so I know to include that one next year. :-)

Sujiwan

• nancymd2
    9 years ago

A huge 'Thank you!' to Gardengranma (and DH) for hosting the swap again this year! Your generosity in opening your garden to us is very much appreciated. And your gardens are stunning and get better every year.

Thank you to all the swappers for sharing your garden bounty. It was also good to see some new folks this year.

• HotHabaneroLady
    Original Author
    9 years ago

. . . thankful to welcome 2 new additions to our swap (HotHab and Angela) . . . .

I think I am Angela. Unless there was another one. :) Thank you for the purple beauty peppers!

Now that I know this swap exists, I will plant enough extra hot habs to have hot habanero plants for next year! (Assuming I'm still in the country--I'm in the foreign service pre-employment process now and don't know how long I will be here for training once I am in).

Angie

• CEFreeman
    9 years ago

As usual, thanks Henrietta & Larry for your open arms.

NancyMD, I looked all over for you, having a lovely, mature, booming native columbine you had on your list!

This has made me want to clean out my neglected gardens. It's hard working 2 jobs and having so many acres to fuss with! See my newest post, coming soon!

• busyasabee
    9 years ago

It was a nice day yesterday, glad the rain held off until after the swap! Thanks again to Henny & Larry for hosting. it was great seeing familiar faces and new ones.
    I arrived later in the day, but glad to of received plants from my wish-list. For those that had emailed me using my GW Hotmail account, I was having issues accessing, that's why you never received replies. I recovered access, and have sent those that reached out to me separate emails.

Jette

• ssmdgardener
    9 years ago

Thank you to the organizers and to the hosts! It was lovely, as always.

• gardengranma
    9 years ago

We loved it too- planted most everything until it really rained. So now we'll do th rest. Love you all- Gardengranma ans pa

Sponsored