Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
britmjw

Please help me decide!

britmjw
11 years ago

Hi everyone, this is my first posting on here, but I can't find the answer to my question anywhere, so please help! :)

My wife and I are about to close on the purchase of an end of group townhouse. It has a decent size yard, but the problem is privacy and the neighbors next door have turned their yard into a parking pad/yard so I want to hide that from our view.

I am trying to decide what is the best way to ensure privacy. I want to have a beautiful formal looking hedge along each side of the yard, the back of the yard is already screened with trees.

I am not sure of the dimensions of the yard, but I have been looking at Nellie R. Stevens Holly, Green Giants, Leyland Cypress and Boxwood (my favorite looking hedge) and the more I research the more confused I become.

I basically want something that will be inexpensive, fast growing, ever green and can be pruned to keep it at about 6-8 foot high. We move in to the house at the end of this month (May), the house is in Towson, MD. I want it to be thick and an excellent screen, but I don't want it to encroach on to my lawn too far.

Am I in the right ball park with the plants I mentioned? I am open to all suggestions and advice as to how best to achieve my goals for my yard without much expenditure. I want fast growing and my goal is to have some improved privacy by Summer 2013.

Thanks again and I look forward to your advice,

Matt

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting