Return to the Mid-Atlantic Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Vlad's Memorial

Posted by cfmuehling 7b DC/MD burbs (My Page) on
Sun, May 6, 07 at 22:52

Guys, don't forget Vlad's Memorial is this Saturday at 1:00.

Eric is working so hard to make things the way Vlad would like us to see them. And, he's doing a great job. I had to laugh at him finding himself trading plants. He's right, he doesn't have time. But he's got space, the gardens, and the memory he's honoring!

If you need info, it's in previous threads below or you can email me at Christine at EveningsFall dot com.

I hope you're planning to come,
Christine

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Vlad's Memorial

Hey!

I'd like to go and am interested in carpooling with other people in central MD. I live in Laytonsville, but can meet up anywhere in the DC suburbs. Maybe there's a Park and Ride? It would be more fun and also energy efficient!

Susan

o

I need to work but my thoughts will be with all of you.
BB

o

Susan/others: I would be willing to carpool; I live in Lanham, not far from the New Carrollton metro/MARC station.

9243 Greenwood Lane
Lanham MD 20706

Come early and go with me to the Beltsville Gdn Club plant sale nearby at 0730 SHARP -- the good stuff gets snatched up within the first two seconds after the 8:00 horn blows! $3 Dicliptera, cheap Tropicannas, MORE tomatoes...

There is also the Paca House sale immediately thereafter in Annapolis, which I had decided to skip this year (Gasp! from Christine!) but if I had a guest who wanted to attend, I could be talked into...

What time were you planning on being at Eric's? I remember it's more than an hour's drive from here, practically down to the Solomons...

Lynn

o

Plan not to be late at Vlad's (Lynn, you listening? :)

Eric is catering and really putting it all out there for Vlad. Since Vlad isn't here to host, he wants to do it the way that would make Vlad, great host that he was, proud.

Bring flowers. Even if they're stuck in a mason jar, that's what they're asking of us. To brighten up the tables and the day. They would make Vlad smile, too. :)

Going to be strange having a party at his house, without him bustling about.

See you guys Saturday!
Christine

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Mid-Atlantic Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here