Return to the Mid-Atlantic Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Imagine gardening in the country?

Posted by cfmuehling 7b DC/MD burbs (My Page) on
Tue, May 22, 07 at 23:37

Hi all!
I just had to post this.
For those of you who have visited my house, you know the area and how great it is.

My neighbor, just this very morning, put a for sale sign up at his house. He has 5 acres, I think, with the creek cutting through the back of his lot, too. Behind us is a 400 acre 4-H Center. We're zoned Open Space, so no one can develop on our property or around us. I don't know how much he wants, but it's Century 21, I'm in Queen Anne Road, and could really use a great neighbor.

I just thought I'd put it up here just in case someone got the bug to live out here. Imagine ...

Christine

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Imagine gardening in the country?

I forgot to mention the house has a pool and finished basement.

I could really use a gardening neighbor. :)

Christine

o

Boy, I imagine it everyday, when I'm trying to fit in the latest plants! A not quite 1/2 acre suburban lot will only hold so much. I would LOVE to have room to plant more trees, an orchard, have a pond...off to buy lottery tickets right now, so I can not only buy the place, but be able to stay home & garden all day...

o

• Posted by suja z7 noVA (My Page) on
    Wed, May 23, 07 at 17:54

So, this must be my big chance to move in next door so I can tour your gardens and we can enable each other into bankrupcy.

Since we're on the subject, did you know that Brent and Becky's is having a 50% off sale? There are lots of things orange/red/burgundy foliage, etc. You better hurry before someone else snags YOUR plants.

o

Would love to have you as my neighbor too.....what fun and mischief we would get into. We'd have to build a greenhouse ...
Bonnie

o

Unfortunately, the listing still isn't up on Century 21... or if it is, I can't find it, dangit!!

=)

o

I sent Lynn the realtor's phone number I got from the owner. Anyone tempted? [eyebrow wiggle]

Christine

o

Yes please send me the phone number. I have a good friend that raises pit bulls and he could sure expand business with 5 acres! His boys would sure have fun shooting guns and racing their motorcycles with that kind of room! Maybe he will let me park my camper on his front lawn after he moves in!

Okay...just kidding...I just moved a year ago and I am defintely not moving anytime soon. Suja on 5 acres? I don't think her husband would allow that.

Have a good weekend!

- Brent

o

• Posted by suja z7 noVA (My Page) on
    Fri, May 25, 07 at 17:17

Brent, maybe no one should tell my husband, but I *am* on 5 acres. Actually, a tad more.

o

Brent?
My husband would love your friends. So would our Rotweiler. The camper thing? We'd have to talk. But just as long as there weren't any appliances on the front porch or a trailer with snow mobiles attached to a not-running cadillac on the side yard? I'm cool with it if they garden.

Christine

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Mid-Atlantic Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here