Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cfmuehling

My new gardens!

cfmuehling
16 years ago

Ok, by now you know how I am. Last fall I started a chartreuse and burgundy garden, which is still looking skanky, but will be Gaw-geous when it fills in.

This spring I transplanted 3 birch and 5 beech to the front of my property. I finally decided what to do with the 2 beds.

The birch is becoming a blue and yellow garden, with the white bark of the birches. Glads, variegated Caria, 'Primrose' lilac, blue fescue (thank you, Steven), blue salvia (thank you LynnMD), baptisia, 'Happy Returns' day lily (thank you, Larry) and blue anenome. I will be adding plumbago, 'Trehane' veronica, 'Sweet Kate' spiderwort. If I can find them, 'Sunrise' and 'Harvest Moon' ecchinachea. Maybe some onethera! I have dark blue iris, agapanthus, and anchusa (or something) on order. God Bless eBay.

You're gonna faint with this one:

The beech garden is becoming pink. Yes, finally I'll have a place for the few pinks I consider dark and vibrant enough. A variegated eupetorium, 'Geisha' and 'Butterfly' Japanese Maple, tri-colored St. John's Wort. I'll be moving pinks (dianthus) to the bed, along with Jupiter's beard, Agastache, a seedling of the dark pink hollyhock I keep giving away, and some other things.

I'm also working a garden in my head that will block the evil sun from my shade gardens where the shade-providing tree died. My pergola(s) do help, but the lateral sun is NAH-sty. So.... a new garden with a pathway, making rooms?

So. I had to share my newest inspiration. If these darned trees would just create some shade....

If I gave you guys anything pink that's remarkable, if it's dividable think of me? I've given away so much pink it's almost a joke. I'm not buying anything on purpose for the pink garden. I just can't go that far.

Christine

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths