Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
brenan_gw

Herbs in MD. VA. DC

brenan
16 years ago

Hi,

Do any of you have recommendations for nurseries or farms that specialize in herbs? I would be willing to drive a bit from DC, say a day trip.

Thanks,

Brenan

Comments (6)

• avoirgold
    16 years ago

Brenan,

I know this isn't as helpful as it could be, but you just missed the Baltimore Herb Festival. Here is the web site to keep for next year. The site also lists exhibitors and such from last weekend's festival.

Jen

Here is a link that might be useful: Herb Festival

• oscarthecat
    16 years ago

This might be a bit far to go but there is a place between Middletown and Boonesboro. If interested my Daughter could get name for me. Steve in Baltimore County

• racheljl
    16 years ago

DeBaggio's in Chantilly. These folks wrote the book (literally) on herbs.
    www.debaggioherbs.com/

• gemini_jim
    16 years ago

It looks like DeBaggio's may have a larger selection, but it may be worth a visit to Willow Oak Flower and Herb Farm in Severn, MD. They have fun gardens and trails, and a funky relaxed atmosphere.

Here is a link that might be useful: Willow Oak Flower & Herb Farm

• watergal
    16 years ago

I've never been to their farm even though I live fairly close, but I've been at several farmer's markets where they have a very nice selection of herbs. Probably a bit cheaper out here than near DC too, of course you have to factor in the cost of gas. Looks like a nice destination for a day trip though.

Here is a link that might be useful: Alloway Creek Herb Farm

• glasslady21102
    16 years ago

Alloway is a GREAT place to visit.. They have lots of wonderful herbs , a great garden to enjoy, good food nearby..

http://www.palavenderfestival.com/
    is the info for willowpond herb farm and lavender festival which is coming soon.. they have an incredible variety of lanvenders and other herbs.. they are close enough to visit and also stop at alloway... a long day but lots of fun and you will come home with incredible plants..

http://www.therosemaryhouse.com/

is also a great place to visit. Susanna is an herbalist and very knowledgeable..

hope this helps

nancyB

Sponsored
Ed Ball Landscape Architecture
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars30 Reviews
Exquisite Landscape Architecture & Design - “Best of Houzz" Winner