Return to the Mid-Atlantic Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Herbs in MD. VA. DC

Posted by brenan 7 DC md (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 2, 07 at 9:48

Hi,

Do any of you have recommendations for nurseries or farms that specialize in herbs? I would be willing to drive a bit from DC, say a day trip.

Thanks,
Brenan

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Herbs in MD. VA. DC

Brenan,

I know this isn't as helpful as it could be, but you just missed the Baltimore Herb Festival. Here is the web site to keep for next year. The site also lists exhibitors and such from last weekend's festival.

Jen

Here is a link that might be useful: Herb Festival

o

This might be a bit far to go but there is a place between Middletown and Boonesboro. If interested my Daughter could get name for me. Steve in Baltimore County

o

DeBaggio's in Chantilly. These folks wrote the book (literally) on herbs.
www.debaggioherbs.com/

o

It looks like DeBaggio's may have a larger selection, but it may be worth a visit to Willow Oak Flower and Herb Farm in Severn, MD. They have fun gardens and trails, and a funky relaxed atmosphere.

Here is a link that might be useful: Willow Oak Flower & Herb Farm

o

I've never been to their farm even though I live fairly close, but I've been at several farmer's markets where they have a very nice selection of herbs. Probably a bit cheaper out here than near DC too, of course you have to factor in the cost of gas. Looks like a nice destination for a day trip though.

Here is a link that might be useful: Alloway Creek Herb Farm

o

Alloway is a GREAT place to visit.. They have lots of wonderful herbs , a great garden to enjoy, good food nearby..

http://www.palavenderfestival.com/
is the info for willowpond herb farm and lavender festival which is coming soon.. they have an incredible variety of lanvenders and other herbs.. they are close enough to visit and also stop at alloway... a long day but lots of fun and you will come home with incredible plants..

http://www.therosemaryhouse.com/

is also a great place to visit. Susanna is an herbalist and very knowledgeable..

hope this helps

nancyB

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Mid-Atlantic Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here