Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
spanaval

Time for GardenGrandma/Grandpa Appreciation Day

spanaval
16 years ago

I figured I'd start a new thread instead of putting this in one of the ongoing threads, where some people might miss it. While it will be nicer if we could get started earlier, some of us do have to travel a bit, so it might be easier if we had a later start time. Is 10:00 AM good or is that too late?

Since Henrietta requested a head count, we can also use this as a show of hands. I'm a 'maybe' right now (because of the dog situation), but will most definitely try to come.

Comments (20)

• karyn1
    16 years ago

I'm 90% sure that I'll be there but I might have to bring my children. I hope that won't be a problem.
    Karyn

• cfmuehling
    16 years ago

I plan to be there. :)

Christine

• cfmuehling
    16 years ago

Suja, Henrietta?
    I've just been called in to sub.
    I'll try to swing by.
    Grrrrrrrr...

Christine

• annebert
    16 years ago

Oh no , Christine, I'm bringing blue stuff for you, too.

10 Am is ok for me.

• cfmuehling
    16 years ago

Anne,
    Can we meet up? Thank you so much for thinking of me and blue. (and red and and and!)

I'm free during the days and Thursday and Friday nights...

Christine

• spanaval
    Original Author
    16 years ago

So what kind of meanies make one substitute teach on a Sunday morning, no less? Hope you can make it, Christine. I'm assuming that we'll be there for a few hours.

I have stuff that needs to get to Christine. If someone else who is coming to Henrietta's on Sunday is also going to be meeting with her later, or lives closer to her, please let me know. I have a couple of plants that need to hitch a ride.

• LynneinMD
    16 years ago

Not sure if I'll be able to come and stay but I do want to come for a bit (and Henrietta, I'll bring more vinca for you), and I can collect Christine's goodies for her if nobody else is coming this way. She's only about 15 minutes or so away from me.

Oh, Bonnieeeeeee, will you be there? I was given some iris today that I can share with you..and anyone else who wants some - it's yellow and maroon-ish, from what I'm told.

Lynne

• treehouse
    16 years ago

I've got to work on Sun. BOO HOO! I wanted to visit with everyone.

Jan

• annebert
    16 years ago

I hope it's ok to break the law since this isn't officially a swap post.

I'd love to have Lynne take Christine's stuff - which I plan to be blue iris, blue aquiligia, and baptisia.

And if anyone is interested in big healthy irises thet I can't remeber what color they are (Bonnie??) I'll pull them out of the compost and bring them. They might be blue, but might be maroonish or purplish.

• LynneinMD
    16 years ago

Anne, go ahead and pull the irises out of the compost, I'll take them if nobody else wants them. Bonnie, shall I bring some of the yellow/maroon ones for you?

• spanaval
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Lynne, looks like you'll be the holder of Christine's stuff. I'll bring the plants I have earmarked for her. BTW, a whole bunch of my Dianthus Arctic Fire is going to be toast, so if anyone wants them, let me know now.

I'll take some homeless irises as well. I'll put it in my meadow/thug bed, where they can happily multiply away.

• LynneinMD
    16 years ago

Suja, yes please on the arctic fire, if nobody else wants it, I'll take it. You gave me some at the swap and it's too cute!!

Christine, do you have anything you need me to take to Henrietta's??

Lynne

• giverny
    16 years ago

Starting at 10:00 works for me. Suja, if you have enough of the Arctic Fire, I'd love some.

I have lots of Persicaria 'Lance Corporal' seedlings - anybody want some? If yes, please send me an email, because I've not been very good lately about checking MAG (meaDOTzickATarbitronDOTcom).

Henrietta - I hope you have a list ready of what you need done! See you all on Sunday.

Mea

• collectordi
    16 years ago

I'm coming and I'd love another Arctic Fire to go with the one I got at the swap. I'm bringing Sensitive ferns and maybe some other surprises but I probably won't get there by 10 am.

• oscarthecat
    16 years ago

SORRY,SORRY,SORRY. Can't make it. Margaret is doing great but just not up to traveling yet. A nice lady came and removed the surplus hosta. We plan on holding open garden later. Watch for news followed by pictures. Steve in Baltimore County.

• avoirgold
    16 years ago

I'm going to do my best to be there for a while. I have limited capabilities due to arthritis, but should be able to help out somehow. :-)

Jen

• lynnt
    16 years ago

I have a Yoga class from 10-12, so I won't make it until after that if at all. Sorry...

LynnT

• catnoir
    16 years ago

I will be there (with plants to give away)

Cindy

• gardengranma
    16 years ago

Hi All: I am back, 10 is fine, you can do anything you want to, after one week of vacation and the rain we had, everything is going hay wire. I'll be prepared. Love you all. If anyone comes later, that's ok too. Swap all you want to, I'll take whatever, and you can take what you might like.

• dgs9r
    16 years ago

I do hope I can come. I'll know tomorrow a.m.
    Deepti

Sponsored