Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
janetm_md

Fall swap-how many would be interested?

janetm_md
13 years ago

Cecilia (aka Cecilia_MD7a) and I have talked and would be willing to co-host a Fall swap. I live in Catonsville (about ten minutes away from BWI airport just outside of Baltimore) so would be hosting there. If I could get an idea of how many people would be interested in participating it would give me a better idea of whether I can just use my yard or make arrangements with the school across the street to use their parking lot. Likely I'd be looking at late September/early October to do this. Please respond if you'd be interested and by late August I'll nail down a date.

Comments (22)

• kimka
    13 years ago

I'm always up for a swap. I favor a mid to late October time so it will be cooler both for the swap and to plant what I bring home.

If the amount of wintersown seedlings I still have left to pot up is any standard, I should have a ton of stuff to give away after I'm done with farmers market at the end of September.

KimKa

• oscarthecat
    13 years ago

sounds good to me. Steve S.

• gardnwatch
    13 years ago

I'm very interested since I missed the spring swap.
    Mid to late October would be good, yes.
    Bonnie

• busyasabee
    13 years ago

Janet,

Count me in. Early October sounds good, that will just be in time when I'm cleaning up my yard and re-arranging & thinning out plants from my garden. How about either Saturday or Sunday before Columbus Day?

Jette

• avoirgold
    13 years ago

I'm in for when ever.

Jen

• diana_lynn
    13 years ago

Count me in. Catonsville is perfect since I'm just next door (in Kensington).

Diana Lynn

• ellicottcitycathy
    13 years ago

count me in!

I'm also close by and could help before or after the event as needed.

• wtgxi
    13 years ago

I would be interested. thanks

• dcj24
    13 years ago

I am interested, I live in Baltimore, so this great.
    Thanks, Donnisha

• nancy123
    13 years ago

I'd love a fall swap!

Nancy

• dawnstorm
    13 years ago

I don't have a problem with it! Just a short drive up US 29 to 40 east right?

• oogy4plants
    13 years ago

I can't resist any swap whenever it is, but agree that later/cooler is better.

• madeleinef
    13 years ago

I would like to come.

• cfmuehling
    13 years ago

I'd like to come.
    Bonnie, I've been trying to reach you for months. email me at Christine at YogaDancer dot com? That always goes thru.
    Christine

• annebert
    13 years ago

I've been so busy spinnign and knitting that I haven't been here for ages. But I'm in for a swap! Not too late in October, though.

• annapolisplants
    13 years ago

i would love to join in and swap.
    thanks for organizing, janet and cecilia!

• burry
    13 years ago

I am interested in the fall swap, too. Thanks for organizing.

• alfie_md6
    13 years ago

Drat! I was about to bounce in early and suggest a fall swap at our traditional fall swap location of Black Hill Park in Germantown (a location which is extremely convenient for, um, me) -- but I see that I wasn't anywhere near early enough :-)!

Usually the fall swap has been around Columbus Day weekend.

• shadysite
    13 years ago

October works for me. I expect summer to last through november this year, the weather has been so crazy. I;ve enjoyed watching most of the spring swap trades stabilize! A few succumbed to animal predators (chipmunks, moles, deer, squirrels) and drought/flood depending on the week. Lisa

• christine97
    13 years ago

Depending on date I would be interested and my neighbor would be also.

• reyesuela
    13 years ago

I can bring:

-daffodil bulbs
    -forsythia
    -winter jasmine
    -pachysandra
    -ajuga repetens "chocolate chip"
    -a few unnamed hosta

Would anyone be interested? My garden is quite new.

• green_gardener_md
    13 years ago

I would love to attend a fall swap! This would be my first one and I'm really excited to try one out. Any general rules on the swaps? I think I could talk my sister into going too.

Sponsored
Mary Shipley Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars32 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 10x Best of Houzz