Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
aka_peggy

Found a great nursery in Mercersburg, Pa

aka_peggy
16 years ago

DH and I were driving through Mercersburg last weekend and happened upon a very quaint nursery. Buck Run Nursery has an assortment of very interesting plants including dozens of maples...Christine...are you reading this?

Also, interesting lilacs, spruces, hollies, boxwoods and more apple trees than I've ever seen before. They had a number of native plants as well. I thought the prices were generally quite reasonable.

I came home with a trident maple in a 10" pot. It's shrublike and is 25"T X 18"W for 20$. 'Jervis' Canadian hemlock, 10" tall and very full for only 20$. (it only grows to 14" at maturity) I found a burlapped 5' Asian pear with a massive root system, at only 22$, it was a steal!! And I found an 8" foam flower (Tiarella cordifolia) for

6$. All the plants looked very healthy.

I'm going back in a couple of weeks to get another pear tree and some evergreens I saw. http://www.buckrunnursery.com/ Click on "plant list" for pics and price list. Listed by common name only. Take a look and let me know what you think.

Mercersburg is only 42 miles from me. Yippee!! BTW, I'm out by Harper's Ferry or 18 miles SW of Frederick.

Sponsored
KA Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading General Contractors in Columbus