Return to the Mid-Atlantic Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Rosearium ?

Posted by maple_man z7 DC (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 8, 06 at 19:02

the 'Rosearium' off of new hampshire Ave in MD. i went one Sunday and they were closed. does anyone know their hours?

Also hopeing Cecilia sees this and would let me know if she would recomend it for Id-ing my old bonsai rose.
`Brian

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Rosearium ?

can you post a pic of the bonsai rose? not that I woudl know what it is I just want to see :-) I love roses and I love bonsai!

o

faerieannette i sent you an email but the info was not to good this will work better i hope. this goes for all out there.

to see a photo of the old bonsai rose:
go to Garden web forums then,
roses forums then,
Name That Rose,
then find the posting on page 2 "Mr.Blue Bird" (not the other Mr.Bluebird postings) then look for the words "image link" and click on "Mr.Blue Bird" 32K to see the photo. it's an amazing old trunk for a miniature rose!
~Brian

o

Brian, I posted the info on Heritage Rosarium on the Rose ID forum. Hope they can help you!

o

• Posted by suja z7 noVA (My Page) on
    Fri, Jun 9, 06 at 16:11

There was an article in the Washington Post yesterday on Nick Weber's collection of antique climbers and ramblers. The bottom of the article listed contact information. Heritage is open by appointment only.

Here is a link that might be useful: WP Rosey Write-Up

o

Heritage Rosarium is opened only on Memorial day weekend.
Olga

o

Thanks to all -- yes i did get around to looking at the Washington Post article but didn't get time to go back on this and say so. Sorry about that.

Brian, the maple_man

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Mid-Atlantic Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here