Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cfmuehling

Its that time again: Clearing out, Free to anyone!

cfmuehling
14 years ago

Hi all!

After last year's 100% neglect, I'm trying to recover my gardens. I've lost tons of things to drought, which wouldn't have happened, oh, say, ummmm.... total neglect.

I have, however found myself with a lot of extremely hardy things I want thinned or just gone. If someone doesn't come get them, they're going in the garbage.

I am not looking for anything in return, unless someone were kind enough to bring some leaf compost or dirt to fill the holes that will be left! Make sense? :)

Here's just the beginning of what I have:
40 or so 'Little Blue Stem' Fescue

As usual, a ton of ornamental grasses that can be divided. 'Black Moudry', Varigated, Switch grasses, etc. Bring a strong, strong person and a sharp shovel. Chain Saws might be better for dividing these!

Those 'American Heritage' raspberry bushes that should have gone to the swap.

Vlad's thornless blackberries.

An unlimited supply of chocolate mint.

'Cherry bells' bell flower.

Variegated Japanese Caria (Karia?). Makes pretty yellow flowers.

If you hate someone, give them the gift of some of my Creeping Jenny.

Ditch Lilies. Small to over 5' tall.

Crape Myrtle 'Carolina Red', which are 2-3' tall right now.

Crape Myrtle 'Tonto', also currently 2-3' tall.

Monarda 'Jacob Kline'

Monarda 'Raspberry Wine'

several generic Japanese Maples between 2-3' tall.

Akebia 9Chocolate Vine)

Northern Sea Oats (again, if you don't like someone...)

Anything else that strikes someone's fancy. I'm flexible.

I am available tomorrow, 7/19, or next week, Wednesday through Friday. I don't know my weekend schedule yet, but will post. I really don't want to trash these plants, but I will have to. Make it a day trip out to the country. Visit Meadows Farms, which is having a 60% off sale. Homestead Gardens, and Patuxent Gardens are both a breath away. Bring the family. Picnic or some such thing. You name it.

I don't seem to be receiving email from GardenWeb, so please, please email me at Christine at EveningsFall dot com.

I look forward to old and new friends!

Thanks,

Christine

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Ed Ball Landscape Architecture
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars30 Reviews
Exquisite Landscape Architecture & Design - “Best of Houzz" Winner