Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
wtgxi

Tree trimmers/removers in Ellicott City / Howard county area?

wtgxi
18 years ago

We have a few trees we need to remove - any recommendations for the Ellicott City, MD area?

Thanks

Comments (4)

• JoyMCB
    18 years ago

NOT.. NOT ...NOT - Lample's Tree Service.

We had an awful experience. A tree fell on our house and smashed both cars. They some of the work, left part of the tree and limbs everywhere and disappeared until their billing office called. (Over 3 months.)

So again - NOT Lample's.

I have heard good things about ArborMasters.

• cynthia_gw
    18 years ago

I'm in Catonsville and can highly recommend Tip Top Tree & Stump Removal 410-925-8006. They removed two very old and very dead dogwoods and one large maple for me last year. One of the dead dogwoods was on the neighbor's property (but aimed at my house) and it was not more than a foot from another tree. The Maple was also crowded with other trees and the house nearby as well as electrical wires! Very tricky stuff. They did a great job for a verrryyy reasonable price, and clean-up was very well done too. No feet or debris hit the gardens!

• robinsway
    18 years ago

We've had three excellent experiences with Kirchner Tree Service in Ellicott City (410) 465-6019. This including removing a 100-year-old oak and a huge cherry, plus pruning a large and overgrown silver maple, all without any damage to other trees and shrubs nearby. Their cleanup was prompt and completely satisfactory. I would recommend them highly.

• jmcbride
    14 years ago

I live in Elkridge, MD, and called a few places for a recent tree and stump removal job. The most helpful and friendly were Don from Tip Top Tree Removal and Kirchners, as mentioned above! I talked to people from Freestate and A&W Tree Removal also. I ended up going with Tip Top because of the good reviews on the web (there are others besides Cynthia). I probably could have shopped a better price, but was more interested in getting the job well done than saving a few bucks. Three men from Tip Top came and fell a tree near the house that was slightly leaning toward the house, but climbing it and cutting it down gradually. They were efficient, entertaining to watch, and very clean. Don ground the stump afterwards and offered some helpful advice about planting new trees, and had a brief look at some of the shrubs and trees I had around the premises. I would probably go with either them or Kirchners for a big job, and I'll probably need an arborist again since I am surrounded by woods on 3 sides of the property. I was quite pleased with the work Tip Top did and would recommend them for trusted, safe, and efficient work.

Sponsored
Ed Ball Landscape Architecture
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars30 Reviews
Exquisite Landscape Architecture & Design - “Best of Houzz" Winner