Return to the Mid-Atlantic Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
HELP Are my plants dying?

Posted by NewLKNPool none (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 31, 12 at 8:19

Help Please... I just planted some plants around my pool and it looks like they are getting too much water? is this right?

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: HELP Are my plants dying?

probably transplant shock this time of season

o

Or not enough water. New transplants need regular deep watering until their roots have time to move deeper into the soil. What kind of soil are they in? I wouldn't worry about too much water for in-ground shrubs unless you have poor drainage. Can't tell what the soil is like with all those rocks (which are going to make weeding difficult.)

o

Rocks also absorb heat. Pretty, but they hold extremely high temperatures over root systems. Like mulch, I'd clear them away from the base.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Mid-Atlantic Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here