Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cfmuehling

Exciting Stuff -- wish me luck!

cfmuehling
17 years ago

So for those of you who have seen my yard, imagine this: I just dug out my two, large front raised beds that were against my house, potted everything, and am in progress of moving all that fabulous, rich, lasagna-created dirt (and the bulbs it contains) into a "temporary" (yeah, right) raised bed further out.

We've taken out a home equity loan to compliment the small amount of repair money the insurance company gave us after our December fire. My husband, bless his little soul, has agreed that we can concentrate that money on the outside of the house and yard first! That means we've extended the entrance way, I'm getting steps to a courtyard-ish type area, an actual driveway, a new roof, (yesterday!) new siding, and a lot of long, tall windows. AND we're putting in solar electric and water heat. No more BG&E ransom!!! It will all be so nice!

Anyway, I'm potting everything and burying the pots in this raised bed until I can see where they'll best go. I have lost 2 plants in the 2 weeks since I've started, but that's not so bad with almost 75 of them sitting on the lawn!

Wish me luck. You'll have to come see the gardens and new(ish) house on your way to Vlad's for the fall swap! :)

Christine

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting