Return to the Mid-Atlantic Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Green winged things

Posted by CEFreeman DC/MD Burbs 7B (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 10, 14 at 11:40

HI all!

I see how dead the board is these days and it makes me sad. Such a good group, but we never talk anymore! :)

I am having trouble with this beautiful little bug eating the crap out of anything with leaves.
It's about 1/2" long, a prefect, light, grass green color, and its wings make it look like a fleck. It's not a lacewing. The closest thing I can come up with is a white fly, but this one's wings are more triangular.

I'm going to try to get a picture, but in the meanwhile, any ideas?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Green winged things

Some sort of beetle? I think we need a pic.

o

Christine,

I too mourn what seems to be the passing of this forum. I've at long last become active on Facebook and joined one plant group, but it is way too big and cumbersome. There is no way to ask as focused questions or carry on a half dozen conversations as easily as here.

That aside, have you been able to grab a photo of your candidate culprit and the damage? I can show the photos to several of the top plant bug people here at the Beltsville Ag Research Center and see if they know and have recommendations.

o

A lot of the regional forums seem to have slowed down. We're trying to revive the New Jersey Gardening forum. Maybe you can do the same with some provocative new threads?

CEFreeman, did you ever get a photo of the insect you inquired about?

o

Me? Provocative? Hmmm...

Well, the bug.
Ironically, as frequently happens, I've not seen it again this year. I was looking, trying to get a picture, but nada.

Perhaps that's the secret. Ask how to get rid of it and it'll hide/disappear whatever. :)

So I'll look again next year!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Mid-Atlantic Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here