Return to the Mid-Atlantic Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Stuff available to dig again

Posted by CEFreeman DC/MD Burbs 7B (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 13, 12 at 12:51

Hello!
It's that time of year I'd like to offer things to anyone willing to dig. I'm on the south side of Bowie, so although some things are better left for fall digging, I thought I'd offer an opportunity to see some in action. Crape myrtles, for example.

I have

• 6 'Carolina Red' Crape Myrtles ranging from 3' to 8' tall.
  • a very mature 'Coppertina' physocarpus (?) I'm going to kill if it doesn't go.
  • more than a few ornamental grasses of all sizes that I've been putting Round-Up on, so they're dig-able. If not, the Round-up continues.
  • innumerable ditch lilies
  • several small shrub, dark pink, unnamed Crape Myrtles
  • several to-be-very tall, dark pink, unnamed Crape Myrtles
  • lots of Chocolate vine (beware)
  • lots of 'Mardi Gras' honeysuckle (beware)
  • lots of 'Mandarin Orange' honeysuckle (beware)
  • lots of a red, hybrid honeysuckle (beware)
  • a tall, double blooming, yellow-flowered shrub. Grows in canes.
  • Vlad's thornless black berries
  • TONS of native honeysuckle. Grows into trees. (beware)
  • chocolate mint (smells gorgeous, but beware)
    and pretty much anything else you want if you come dig.

The CMs are in bloom, so you could catch the color.
    Although these are definitely free, I need dirt. A large bag of leaf compost would be appreciated, as would plant dirt. Not necessary, but it would help fill the holes.

If I can think of more, I'll add it to the list.
    Thanks,
    Christine

• Follow-Up Postings:

o
    RE: Stuff available to dig again

Christine, I'm interested in your grasses. Do you know exactly what kind they are?

I have a lot of dirt, too. Do you mind that it's clay dirt? It holds moisture really well, so it's not for succulents or anything that needs fast draining soil. It needs to be mixed with leaf mold first for best results.

Where exactly are you located? How can I get in touch with you?

o

If you (everyone) would take a moment and enable email responses, I would reply. As it is, some don't even have it available thru their member page. I'm not ignoring you, but communication's gotta go both ways. Paranoia is healthy, but you can enable email from members.

Paranoia: why I'm not going to post my phone number here as requested.

I got stuff. You want it, we gotta be able to talk! :)

o

ssmdgardener, I can't reach you to respond to your email.

o

Is your yellow double-flowered shrub kerria japonica by any chance? Pointy leaves with sawtooth edges, flowers like 1" marigolds? If so, I'd love to come get some; mine has faded out over the past two years.

Is your coppertina still there?

I'd be happy to bring a couple tubs of leaf mulch in return.

Lynn

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Mid-Atlantic Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
    • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
    • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
    • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
    • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
    • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
    • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
    • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here