Return to the Mid-Atlantic Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
So what (besides Tomatoes) are you bringing to MAGTAG?

Posted by cecilia_md7a 7a/Baltimore,MD (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 6, 07 at 13:09

For you Gardenwebbers attending MAGTAG 2007 - please list any dishes or supplies that you plan to bring along.

Here's what some other folks on Gardeweb and "that other tomato website" are planning to bring:

Greg F:
1. 20 Ground beef hamburgers
2. 3 Chickens lying in barbaque sause
3. 1 wide box of Foil for the grill.
4. 1 bag of charcole (we will need more!)
5. 1 container Charcole lighter fluid
6. Modest quanities of paper plates and plasticware and cups. (we will need more!)
7. 1 Lighter
8. 2 rolls of paper towels (we will need more!)
9. Hamburger Rolls

And of course, Tomatoes!

Trudi D. and Steve mentioned on that they will bring sharpies and plastic plates for the tasting contest.

My Sister-in-Law Suzy says she & her family can supply the birthday cake for my dad and a large cooler of ice.

Mary is mailing me tomato seeds for the seed swap. She will be out of town on the 25th but says she will not grow those varieties again and would like us to have them.

Now, as far as I am concerned, this is what I will supply:

1. More paper plates, plasticware, napkins, paper towels, and cups.
2. For BLT Bar: Wheat and Rye bread (since Mark is supplying Sarcones' Italian Bread from Philly); Romaine and Iceberg lettuce, Olive oil, mayo, and mustard; Provolone, Mozzarella, and Cheddar cheese; and of course bacon. I will probably need some extra tomatoes.
3. For the restrooms: soap! (the spot-a-pot has hand sanitizer, if I remember correctly)
4. Scorecards
5. Another bag of charcoal
6. Hot dogs and related condiments and rolls
7. Tablecloths
8. Wine (hey Greg, what about your homebrew?)

(I am so happy we have an Aldi store nearby - all this stuff won't break the bank!)
Oh, yes, DH Dave and I will post directional signs near the park again.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: So what (besides Tomatoes) are you bringing to MAGTAG?

I forgot - I will bring at least one calculator (to tally votes) and my dog-eared copy of Carolyn Male's book.

o

I'll probably bring some kind of fresh fruit pie.

Could you list what is needed? It might be easier for people(like myself) to volunteer if they can just pick from a list of choices.

Thanks!

o

I'm planning on bringing a seven-layer-dip-sort-of-thing, and chips. I'm also going to try my hand at a homemade salsa. I have access to 7 oz plastic cups and 12 oz styrofoam cups. If these will work, let me know by wednesday. Oh, and of course tomatoes.
John

o

cecilia,

I agree with tomatoes4ever, please list what is needed. My daughter has food allergies. I can bring some chips, large garbage bags and some nontomatoes dips. Or what ever you think we need. I try to email you but I have not gotten an reply.

Thanks

o

wtgxi, garbage bags are a great idea! We can also use them to hold the bottles, cans, etc. that can be recycled (I will take them home with me - Balto. County picks them up every other week. To tell you the truth, it looks like we've pretty much got everything that we need.

o

• Posted by trudi_d 7, Long Island (My Page) on
    Thu, Aug 23, 07 at 10:42

Cecila,

We picked up the plates and sharpies this morning. I am also bringing down a chocolate rum cake.

T

o

Just a warning - temperatures are expected to be in the 90s on Saturday - so bring along (and drink!) plenty of water.

o

I've got name tags, pesto and Monocacy Ash cheese and fancy crackers, nut brown ale, and extra BLT tomatoes.

And I think a cooler of ice and lots of bottled water

who's bringing the extra large outdoor air conditioner?

o

Annbert,

My wife wants me to bring a fan for her to sit under :-)

Greg

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Mid-Atlantic Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here