Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
vikireed_gw

The Original Poster of Stupidest Gardening Mistakes Thread

vikireed
14 years ago

I was the person who wrote the original posting that seemed to get yanked then reposted and lots of back and forth about it. I just wanted to clarify of course it's not my intention to pop in and enflame or abuse anyone.

I was really happy to see people responding. Surprised more than anything. I was totally stunned to read on and found out that it was deleted and had to be reposted. I didn't think ANYone would see it.

I did not and do not troll around online looking to 'stir up trouble or anything' and I can't imagine how a forum about 'bad garden ideas and mistakes' could have anything but silly comments personal opinions so how on earth could anyone justify deleting it for being negative or hostile? It's about mistakes and bad ideas?

Totally charming to see folks with the tires and the gazing balls laughing WITH me not acting like some interloper which i'm not.

I was just riffing on what I see around me. I don't post regularly but I spend HOURS reading gardenweb forums to learn about how to take better care of what I've got in my yard and how to revive what I think I've killed and where better to put it and more. I LOVE gardenweb, I love my late gramma who grew everything herself. I miss growing up across from a farm and surrounded by them. I LOVE gardens and how people express themselves. I don't have tons of time to post lots of things and I also figure there is nothing I know that hasn't already been posted. I ask questions but then can't find my original posting to see if anyone's answered. I tried posting 'what is this' under the weed forums in my part of the country but I couldn't figure out how to post enough images of the plants in question and didn't have time to set up an account with shutterfly or which ever photo service that gardenweb communicates with. I LOVE gardenweb and it's occupants and I'm surprised anyone would assume the worst when they're (or should be) laughing.

Thank you to everyone and I look forward to finding a reason to fiff more when I see an empty philosophical parking spot!

Love

Viki

Sponsored
Grow Landscapes
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Planning Your Outdoor Space in Loundon County?