Return to the Mid-Atlantic Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
jupiter's beard

Posted by kaffeina MD/7 (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 15, 07 at 20:16

I got a small division of this at the spring swap and it started blooming a few weeks ago. I just wanted to say thanks to whomever gave it to me because I'm so in love with the color of it.

Kathleen

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: jupiter's beard

Don't ever think of moving it.
If you do, make certain it's way dormant. This stuff is gorgeous, and deadheading keeps it blooming. However, it does NOT like to move.

I had some in a pot, buried over winter. Earlier this year, in the beginning of the heat, I pulled up the pot and planted it. It's been playing dead (I hope) since a week after. It is extremely picky -- at least for me!

But the stuff is a good pink, isn't it?

Christine

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Mid-Atlantic Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here