Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
busyasabee_gardenweb

Fall MagSwap ??? any interest??

busyasabee
11 years ago

Calling all fellow gardeners.....

I haven't seen any postings. Do you all want to have a Fall MagSwap? I've got plenty of plants to clean out of my garden.

Jette

Comments (10)

• gardnwatch
    11 years ago

Yes. I'm interested. I too have lots of plants to thin and GIVE away.

Bonnie

• kimka
    11 years ago

If we are going to be as small a group as last year (6 or 7 people), we could hold the swap at my house in Silver Sppring, just inside the Beltway. Any more thn that, the parking would be too limited. We could potluck on my deck.

Otherwise I'm up for it somewhere else.

• busyasabee
    Original Author
    11 years ago

hey Kim, thanks for offering yout place. The last couple of years, the fall swap attendee numbers were fairly low. What's the best date that works for you Sat, Sept 29th or Sat, Oct 6th? Or do you want to propose a different date? Haven't seen any posts from Alfie....

Jette

• janetm_md
    11 years ago

I'm interested though I admit I don't have a ton to giveaway. Kim its been FOREVER since I've seen your garden and would love to see it. Keep me posted on a date.

• kimka
    11 years ago

I can host either Saturday Oct. 6, which is Columbus Day weekend and people aren't going off, or Oct. 13.

Janet,

I'm afraid my garden is in pretty bad shape this fall after the derecho, triple digit temperatures and now drought. Most of my fall bloomers have already come and gone. Now if I had hosted three weeks ago, things would have been prettier. But I'd still like to see you and everyone.

I'll do a pot of chili and we can still have a potluck lunch. After the first five or six cars, people will need to park on the street and bring their plants down the driveway to my house, but we can make it work. I'll post directions etc. once we get the date set.

• CEFreeman
    11 years ago

I would love to come and could come early, but have to work at 4:00.
    I'm going to try to divide a ton of hosta, so the 6th or 13th would be best for me. Then they're dying down and my procrastination won't get in the way.

• janetm_md
    11 years ago

I could do the sixth but not the 13th.

• WhoDeWho
    11 years ago

Hello fellow gardeners,

My plants took a big down fall from the brutal summer heat also. I would live to get together for 2012 fall gathering/swap. October 6th or 20th work best. I'll check with the remainder of my group for their head counts?

Ronda (WhoDeWho)

• kimka
    11 years ago

Since time is getting short, I'm going to exercise Pooba authority and set the date as October 6, which is just two and a half weeks away. Figure swapping to start about 10 a.m., with potluck starting somewhere between 11:30 and noon. I'll get a swap announcement posted and haves and wants posted on the exchange page.

I look forward to seeing people then.

KimKa.

• busyasabee
    Original Author
    11 years ago

yipee! Kim, thanks for being the grand poobah & hosting. see you on October 6th.

Jette

Sponsored
Columbus Premier Design-Build and General Contractor