Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
braspadya

please come visit

braspadya
18 years ago

Hello All!

The tropical beds are still looking great, & anyone in the area is welcome to come over to check out my garden. I live in Kensington Maryland, a few miles north of the Beltway, off Connecticut Avenue. I'll be at home for much of the next few weeks, both on the weekends & during the week. Drop me an email if you would like to come visit.

Over the next couple of weeks, I need to start bringing in all the frost-sensitive plants. There are far more bits of coleus, ornamental sweet potato, dwarf papyrus and persian shield than I will be able to winter over. If you are interested, bring some pots & a garden trowel!

I can bring some of this stuff to the Fall swap next weekend, but can only stay for a short while Saturday morning.

Cheers,

Dan

Comments (6)

• madsquopper
    18 years ago

I've been over to Dan's and it's beautiful, especially the rock garden area which wasn't even completely done when I was there.

Dan, do you have any more TALL canna to trade? I took a few pieces of the green leaf orange flower last year and they did OK but never got as tall as I would have liked (I'm trying a new location next year). I'd really like something that has huge hot pink or red flowers. Tropicana was outstanding. Not all of the pieces flowered, but the leaves kept their nice color in the partly sunny area I put them in.

Larry

• braspadya
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Larry:

I have plenty of the tall green leaf canna to share. I planted mine out rather late this year & they did not get nearly as tall this year as last. We can do another trade after the frost has knocked the cannas down.

Happy gardening!

Dan

• igozoom
    18 years ago

Plant swap? I'm new to the DC area (Silver Spring) and looking for good garden contacts. I just moved from VA and got all the info I needed from the VA Native Plant society. The MD equivalent is not as active an email list and I've had to stick to commercial nurseries this fall! Any recommendations?

• cfmuehling
    18 years ago

Dan,
    I'll be down in Silver Spring on Wednesday, and done with class around 12:00.
    You gonna be around? I'd love to see your gardens! :)

igozoom, welcome to the Maryland side! Click on "Exchanges" at the top of the board and it'll take you to the board where the MidAtlantic Gardening Board trade is discussed. It's on the 15th. If you don't have plants (yet) just bring brownies food. You'll be a big hit.

Christine

• cfmuehling
    18 years ago

I've been remiss in not posting how lovely Dan's (and Jeff's) gardens are. The lush, large plants with fabulous sculpting from the stone work create a true oasis. Then walk into Dan's greenhouse to see all the delicate, interesting orchids and other tropicals? Amazing. It's visually alive with texture and depth, then physically alive with fish, bugs, birds, and a rambunctious, happy child.

They've created a warm, interesting, and lovely place. I love it and hope to be invited back! :)

Thanks for having me, Dan.

Christine

• braspadya
    Original Author
    18 years ago

(Blush)....

Thanks for the kind words, Christine. You are certainly welcome back any time you like.

If any other folks are interested, please send me an email. We can definitely find a time to have you come over!

Dan

Sponsored
Grow Landscapes
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Planning Your Outdoor Space in Loundon County?